Post match: Inter v Liverpool (CL 16/2/22 8.00pm)

They hit the bar though.

1 Like

Christ. You let the plebs do a post match.

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Harvey ELLIOT
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Sadio MANE
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Naby KEITA
  • Luis DIAZ
  • James MILNER

0 voters

8 Likes

mm from missing the bar completely though.

:arrows_counterclockwise: 45’ Roberto FIRMINO on, Diogo JOTA off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 59’ Jordan HENDERSON on, FABINHO off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 59’ Naby KEITA on, Harvey ELLIOT off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 59’ Luis DIAZ on, Sadio MANE off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 86’ James MILNER on, Thiago ALCANTARA off.

:soccer: 75’ Roberto FIRMINO (assist Andrew ROBERTSON)
:soccer: 83’ Mohamed SALAH (assist Virgil VAN DIJK)

We were a bit sloppy in midfield first half, giving the ball away cheaply, but other than that I thought we looked solid. CBs quality. Inter huffed and puffed but lack the quality we have in the final third. For all their possession, I think we deserved it.

1 Like

Five subs with a bench like that , you had to feel sorry for Inter … not ! Seriously , the scoreline flattered us and for ten minutes after half-time we looked like losing it. Well done Jurgen.

5 Likes

No money for it

They were a proper battle hardened side that fought for everything, thats some result to get over there.

Huge positive subs early turned it on it’s head.

Van Dijk and Konate were fucking boss.

8 Likes

Fabinho MOTM first half. Absolutely imperious and I was bemused when Klopp took him off.

Konate MOTM second half and overall. Utter colossus and managed to get out the way of Mo when it mattered.

Thought the changes we made helped wrestle some control back. Some great flashes from Diaz again.

Half time, 2-0 and them having to come to Anfield. Couldn’t ask for much more.

3 Likes

Exactly. The commentator and pundits were hyping Inter up but, Ali didn’t have a save to make the whole game!!

4 Likes

The substitutions changed the game. Henderson brought leadership and control. Diaz instantly became our best attacker. The game totally swung our way and there was only one winner after that.

Inter were good. Better than I expected. We had to defend well under a lot of pressure. Both CBs stood out but Virgil really is back to his best. He was magnificent tonight. That moment when he accelerated to get in front of Dzeko was vintage VVD.

7 Likes

Inter played their best 60 mins. Said it in the in-match thread, just had to get to 60-70 mins unscathed and they’d fall off. Squad depth is unreal right now. Skipper and keita looked great. Bobby thrives in these games and boy is Diaz some player.

Credit to mane and Jota for helping tire these dudes out.

YNWA

4 Likes

Our weapon of set pieces came into play again. In a tight game with not many chances, it’s another string on our bow.

1 Like

To go to the San Siro twice in the CL and win both …has any team ever done that before I wonder…

3 Likes

I missed the game but my roommate is a neutral and he watched it. According to him we battered them and it was just a case of when the goal was going to come. He never thought for a moment that Inter were going to score.

Seems like many people here are saying we were very lucky, but I’ve seen that kind of match report before from this site in games we completely controlled so I don’t know who to believe.

8 Likes

Yeah you can’t play the way they were pressing without changes for 90 minutes not with us.

3 Likes

So @Mascot is not John then? :wink::wink::wink:

You weren’t here :rofl:

Great to see fowler and Owen on BT

Vvd Mom

1 Like

Certainly not lucky. Very much like the Burnley game the opposition played well and made it tough for us, nervy at times but never really seriously threatened, deserved goals and a win.

2 Likes