Post match: Inter v Liverpool (CL 16/2/22 8.00pm)

I thought we were slightly better first half, second we lost our way and kept gifting them the ball, started to gain again when we made the subs and got the goal I would have been disappointed without a second.

1 Like

Doubt Skepticism GIF by NRK P3

4 Likes

My 2 MOTM. Outstanding in central defense even when things got ragged.

Said in the match thread, proper CL match, Inter had a really strong plan coming in but the The Boss’s substitutions and tweaks made all the difference.

11 Likes

Shout out to Henderson who was much improved as the ‘6’, that was a great sub by Klopp. The game was a bit end to end by then, very quick, and Henderson provided some much needed control and energy in that area (no slight on Fabinho) when the likes of Thiago and Elliot weren’t offering much. Keita too in fairness.

9 Likes

Yep. I have no issues with Owen going Man U. He’s said he tried to get back to lfc countless times.
If I was offered a job at a rival company that paid me a good wage and guaranteed success towards the end of my working life I’d go. We all would.

1 Like

I wouldn’t. If it was United. And I was a footballer.

But this is not the thread for it.

I more meant because he’s a shit pundit.

3 Likes

Enjoy being a loser haha
Seriously I have no issues with it.
You can tell he loves us

they were bound to tire. threw everthing first 15 minutes after the break and then jus crashed, no surprise most them dudes are over 35… subs made massive difference… well done to hendo keita, bobby and diaz

1 Like

Guys.Any update on Jota’s injury?

Klopp just said ankle ligament

2 Likes

Mentions ankle and ligament, said it was swollen but sounded like he suggested he could have played on so hopeful I guess.

3 Likes

Swollen ankle.

1 Like

The in match threads are never a real barometer of how we are doing, in my view.
Too much criticism and negativity. Too much knee jerking.
We were never under threat and it was a night for cool heads and steely nerve.
In my view we were always the better team on the night.

Edit;
Not every Liverpool player was brilliant tonight, but there was a resilience when required

5 Likes

So happy we got the chance to beat AC Milan and Inter at the SAN SIRO before they pull it down. Big result tonight friends. Rode the storm and came out the other side with a couple of big European goals. Man I love this team. Gettttttt iiiiinnnnn :fire::fire::fire::fire:.

3 Likes

Awesome result. Gave Inter nothing. Taking a two goal lead back to Anfield. Van Dyck imperious. Enough said.

1 Like

13 Likes

And by the way ref was just brilliant. The best display I have seen from a ref. It’s time FA also hires good refs from other leagues as EPL refs are very poor.

1 Like

Rio says 2-0 flatters us. I beg to disagree.

3 Likes

Rio also said this…

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ndnsVH-Komc

3 Likes

Tell the result upset him.

3 Likes