Post match: Leeds Utd v Liverpool (EPL 12/9/21 4.40pm)

Hi octane match with lots of positives and one horrifc downside. Really hope Harvey gets over this soon and well.
Ridiculous how we didn’t win 7-0. Leeds were very last ditch in defense and rode their luck - still lost goal less and by 3. Bielsa has no plan B apparently…

Ox and Hendo looked very rusty - good for them to get some minutes, Hendo great work for the 3rd , but Ox was dreadfull with this cameo.

My motm Mo, Diego and Joel - closely followed by Fab, Alli and also Sadio , who struggled a lot with his finishing but clawed his way through - good on him!

It’s shaping up to be a real red hot contest for the title this time - roll on the next match - can’t wait!

2 Likes

Glad we won but I just hope Elliott recovers.

20 Likes

The Harvey incident for those who want to see
https://streamwo.com/lA7FVwq

Good win, don’t think we ever really looked in trouble. Mané should have had more goals today, but happy he bagged one at the end there.

Feel bad for Elliott, but this is why we have a squad.

prayers for the kid

4 Likes

do hope Leeds get relegated along with burnley for always playing the man instead of the ball. goons is a polite word to describe that sort of mentality

4 Likes

I’d rather lose this fucking match 100-0 than having Elliott sustaining such a horrific injury. And Tyler, like the cunt that he is, was spewing his “show must go on” bullshit not even 5 minutes after what happened.

18 years old with everything going for him and this happens. It’s sickening.

16 Likes

Did you say the red card was harsh?

CMON HARVE…WE’RE WITH YOU…full sentence.

1 Like

It doesn’t fuckin matter if it was malicious. If you endangered a player’s wellbeing it’s a Red. He fuckin got carried off on a stretcher. I’d say he was endangered.

This is all down to refs “letting play flow”. Fucking call ALL fouls. Players are like kids, they’ll push the boundaries. If they’re allowed to get away with small things, they’ll up the ante.

Fucking refs, I absolutely hate the cunts.

13 Likes

On a purely objective level Elliot is the player out of that 11 that is easiest to replace if injured. On a human level it’s a horrifying sight to see, that picture of him screaming towards the bench is heartbreaking.

He’s got the support of millions behind him though. I don’t think today is the last we’ll see of him this season, I’m backing him to bounce back in style.

Result totally overshadowed with that incident. Fantastic performance from the reds though and 3-0 flattered those dickheads.

29 Likes

Nothing in that performance that suggests Leeds are anything other than a lower mid-table team who will only be a few points above relegation. That was my pre-season prediction and I’m sticking with it.

3 Likes

Let’s hope Harvey gets well soon. A good ref on the pitch would of avoided that.
Happy with the win and clean sheet.

2 Likes

Hope these animals end up in the conference league…

4 Likes

Sky… are Lfc contenders again…?

We’re we ever not …especially after 4 games.

8 Likes

Louder for the idiots with the PGMOL

3 Likes

Pray for Harvey.

Shambolic refereeing. He must have seen the accident. If he’s not, he’s not doing his job. If he is and decided to let the game play on, he’s not a fucking human being.

16 Likes

Did he not hear or see mo shouting for help…his linesman was obviously asleep…

3 Likes

Exactly. The prick! What a shitty thing to say!!

5 Likes

I think Klopp is going to go both barrels. This is exactly what he feared when he’s complained about ‘letting the game flow’.

Oh, and Hasslebaink thinks if he’d have got a few goals in Sadio’s position. Like he was a better player than Mane.

Finally on Leeds. They are like a football version of an ingenue. Petty, but niave and doomed to be exploited. They are going to liable to get the arse ripped out of them by any team in the top half of the table.

6 Likes