Post match: Leeds Utd v Liverpool (EPL 12/9/21 4.40pm)

Wait… you want them to qualify for Europe? fk that.

our midfield not in sync. thiago played well… hendo and ox not so much… fab was fab. matip/vvd are jus a joy to watch… taa was ok… mane worked hard, always puts in the effort. salah was good so was jota… rise minamino rise!!!

9 Likes

We won, but felt like a loss. Absolutely sickening challenge, get well soon Harvey.

8 Likes

I just want to know how long before we know anything about the injury? I don’t feel like coming back here till I know. I’m guessing a few days to get the swelling down (if any), then analysis from medical staff?

We should have annihilated them, even before they were at 10.

4 Likes

It was a scissor tackle. He gets a leg around the front of Harvey, and goes through the back of him with the other. It’s a reckless, dangerous, tackle that shows no regard for the safety of the player. Clear as day red. Pawson waving play on at that should be investigated.

Oh and Rednapp thinks it’s a innocuous tackle. Fuck me. Just, fuck me.

10 Likes

Redknapp is another one of those ex-footballers who thinks a red card has to be for intent no it can be for been reckless.

8 Likes

Completely disagree with Jamie. These tackles ARE dangerous and they need to be categorically outlawed! The guy went into the tackle airborne! His knee went into Harvey’s ankle!! How can that be allowed!!

8 Likes

Solidly played. No obvious weak links. Thiago a bit lazy at times, maybe. We missed some chances, and Leeds made some desperate saves. Created boatloads against a pretty naive side. Top of the table.

Harvey’s obviously a tough young man with young bones and top surgeon awaiting. He will be back, and we likely haven’t seen the best of him yet.

1 Like

JFH - he’s making a honest attempt for the ball…it’s a fair tackle.

This is staggering.

7 Likes

Warrior! A speedy recovery Harvey.

5 Likes

Pundits just don’t live on same planet its like they have to justify things as making football soft.

2 Likes

And all this because the PL referees need to see “the flow of the game go on” and to not stop for light tackles…It’s now in the heads of the refs, and I hope Jurgen blasts the bastards who are endangering players.

We were on track to destroy this sorry of a team and nobody had an interest in playing after that. Congratulations PL.

6 Likes

Dont get worked up by pundits. They’re all buffoons.

2 Likes

Pleased with the result, but overriding feeling right now is dismay for Harvey. Fingers crossed for a positive prognosis.

6 Likes

Redknapp refusing to criticise a player for a reckless challenge. WTF? Scared of offending the guy who did it?You dont need to say he’s a thug that does it every week, you just need to call it a shite challenge.

5 Likes

Redknapp - he’s made an honest attempt to play the ball.

THAT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER, YOU THICK TWAT.

It was reckless and unnecessary.

5 Likes
17 Likes

The minute I heard this PGMOL shite about “letting the game flow” I knew someone was going to get hurt. Players and teams already took liberties with opponents safety before. And inferior teams will now look to even up the skills gap with shitehouse tactics and hurt opponents. Jurgen knew it was coming. And now it’s happened and it’s happened to us. I’m spitting feathers right now

3 Likes

So bloody gutted for young Harvey. He was getting regular starts in the team and building momentum and to have that all be robbed away from him with a freak injury like this is just the model example of unfair. I really hope he recovers and comes back stronger from this. Really rooting for the lad.

So with that the rest of the rotation now plays a damn crucial role with european games coming and carabao cup coming. Hopefully soon get to see Curtis , Keita and Ox feature more.

Congrats Salah on his 100th goal record, faster than most other premier league players. Matip steady, Trent was sharp. Thiago had flashes of class.

Just take the 3 points and chug on to the next game…

3 Likes