Post match: Leeds Utd v Liverpool (EPL 12/9/21 4.40pm)

Via Pearce, some fans in the home end singing ‘always the victims’ as Elliott was stretchered off.

Scum.

9 Likes

We struggled to play against the Leeds press (which was ‘haphazard’ or strange) at the start, Fabs, Matip and Elliott seemed to struggle to get to grips with it.
Then things started falling into place and Matip after making some horrendous runs forward (far to high) got it right and went even higher up the pitch.
Lovely clean sheet and 3 goals.
My MOTM Mané, was a player with a mission today and eventually fulfilled it.

1 Like

Thought Thiago did excellent MotM for me

2 Likes

I agree it probably was a fair attempt at a tackle but it can still end up been reckless.

1 Like

JK said ankle injury

We’ll that sucked. I couldn’t be more deflated right now.

I’ve been quite critical in my mind of some mistakes Elliott has made in the last few games. But each time I’ve been critical I’ve reminded myself that he was born in two thousand fucking three. And also this is his breakthrough year and taking a bit of pain now would help us as a team in the near future.

But I’m pretty gutted right now. Don’t know the injury but that’s got to be a 12 monther with the way everyone acted. That’s a huge setback. I really could see the raw potential this kid has. And it’s pretty clear how devastated the rest of the Liverpool Family were after the injury. We just mentally lost the plot. Every player.

I know there are going to be critics of some of the subs that came on and didn’t set the world alight. As always you can’t expect miracles from un-match-fit players. I will be honest and say that Ox’s body language was off and it disappointed me. The way he didn’t even bother to chase that misplaced Hendo pass, his face when opportunities didn’t present themselves, or when Sadio had one of his numerous misses. I didn’t like any of that. Ox, take a page from the Hendo book about showing positive signs even with limited game time.

Fab MOTM for me. Just overall outstanding, even with being stuck on a ludicrous yellow from the 13th minute by the ref aka the cunt.

Stroke a red line through this. Never show me the footage again. Particularly not the injury.

Captions on what Ali muttered to Thiago with that fucking sloppy turnover in midfield?

No panic yet on the midfield front. Still have Fab, Hendo, Thiago and TBMITW (the best midfielder in the world) Keïta. .Probably easier to just say Keïta.

Now off to purchase a UN sized pack of cotton wool. Anyone know Naby’s address?

1 Like

Never saw Klopp so shocked in a post match Interview like that.

4 Likes

Mate, the opponent’s knee went into the back of Harvey’s ankle! He went in airborne! There was only going to be one outcome!

1 Like

The absolute worst in the Prem. I don’t ever wish relegation really on any club, but I’ll be actively rooting for them to go down.

4 Likes

Shame and gutted about Harvey. Pleased to see his pic and post above, hopefully he’ll be back recovered soon and to his very best that made Jurgen trust him above every other player we have.

Excellent game other than the finishing. Especially Mane. Glad he got his goal at the end. Fab and Matip were really good. Probably two of the candidates for MotM.

Finally, fck off Leeds and their fans. Better not having them in PL and hope they get relegated.

4 Likes

At 0-0, they were booing Mo and, according to The Guardian report, singing “You’re just a shite Kyle Walker” to TAA :rofl:

At least the first goal combination by the aforementioned duo shut them up a for few seconds.

3 Likes

I should be celebrating a win and a really good performance. But I feel nothing at the moment apart from anger. A fantastic weekend of sport spoilt by those Leeds twats!

7 Likes

JK can’t wait to get off the interview.

3 Likes

Klopp says dislocated ankle and was put back in place before the hospital.

4 Likes

Jurgen saying it could be a dislocation. I’m not sure if that’s better or worse? Probably means a quicker return and no surgery, but dislocations are prone to recurring aren’t they? I honestly don’t know?

1 Like

I was wondering what upset Klopp after the injury. Spent a long time talking to the crowd at first covering his mouth but then openly talking to them.

1 Like

Still doesn’t mean it wasn’t an attempt at a fair tackle. I don’t believe it was intentional but I believe it was a poor challenge which was a red card.

Im going to be a bit harsh to let some steam off. At least he scored so im happy for him.

Just wanted to say how much it sucks seeing a player fall of a cliff that you love. Sadio Mane, fucking hell its going bad. The terrible indecisive finishing, the selfishness to get a goal rather than setting your team mates up in a better position… He is lucky that Jota fills in for Firmino.

Jota set him up beautifully twice and its a shame he couldnt pull the trigger. its like he overthinks it and complicates it, a stark contrast to the third goal where he just unleashes it on instinct. Also doing what he got into spats with salah for not playing him through on an easy goal was not nice to see…

Fabinho and Thiago fantastic. Mr Giraffe and Virgil best cb pairing in the league, perhaps the world right now. Trent back to his usual high standards.

Absolutely devastated about the injury to Elliot. I’ve been watching football a long time and honestly I can’t remember the last time I felt this way. I love the kid and get so excited when I see him start. I can only hope he makes a quick recovery.

3 Likes

Not seen Klopp like this in a post match. He is being very, very moody. Did not like Shreeves line of questioning and just stared down a couple of comments.

7 Likes

Not sure if the dislocation is the biggest problem. It depends on the damage of ligaments.

6 Likes