Post match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 15/5/23 8pm)

It was a dead rubber first 30, literally nothing happened…the only thing there was to talk about was the ref.

1 Like

Said it before, this is our pre-pre season.

6 Likes

Everton?

2 Likes

Strange how Fabinho, who was utterly finished as a player and should be offloaded asap doesn’t seem to be getting much flak during this winning run.

Fickleness

4 Likes

Leicester are a bizarre team now. There are some solid players in that side, they have no business being down where they are as far as I can tell. Southampton and Forest are simply overmatched, Everton has a remarkable assembly of overrated talent, Leeds has scarcely more talent than Southampton and none of it is defensive. Hard to think of a side that has been this much less than the sum of its parts. Rodgers is probably better off having been thrown clear of the train wreck, it does not look good on him.

2 Likes

I saw this on Twitter. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

https://twitter.com/nedkelly56/status/1658190660942323720?t=eTTAcmUyEUcl8PE27VjbzA&s=09

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

Always been a good passer of the ball, but with Trent playing wider, he had to deal with defenders more, and isn’t quite quick enough to create space for himself. With Trent pinched inside, the defense concentrates more on him, opening up space for Fab to create more easily.

Trent’s positioning has opened up more lanes for everyone.

1 Like

The team last night looked classy and composed, right from the off. Really pleased that Jones managed to bag a couple. He gets a lot of flak, sometimes justifiably, but at 22 is still relatively young and is improving. Hopefully last night will have done his confidence a power of good. The free kick by Arnold was a belter. Finishing off the season in style. Just need replacements for the Ox, Keita and possibly a few others over the summer.

3 Likes

Would like to see Thiago given a run at 6 for that reason. Effectively having two 6’s who can pass through the eye of a needle, could be very effective!

2 Likes

I am worried this loss will fire up Leicester and it will not be easy for us to retain the Standard Chartered Trophy.

Event-List-Page-_-Calendar-410x290

3 Likes

I think I have read some comments on this thread that some people thought he was good last night but I didn’t think so. Almost every touch was soft - like he’s scared to make contact with the ball. When a team is playing at a fast tempo like us last night in that first half, forwards want the ball fizzed into them and played to their advantage while they are on the run. Although I would say he has had some ok/good games this season (I don’t recall him ever being MOTM), last night it was all too tenative. The main positive from him is there wasn’t many times Leicester directly took the ball off him from under his feet. I couldn’t tell you if that is a reflection of Fabinho’s ability or Leicester’s.

Without question the player still with the biggest target on his back even with this run of team form. It’s not nice of me kicking a player when he’s down but its just a fact.

duck cover GIF

We’ve got this

Yep, at one point he said that Leicester had had the lion’s share of possession. The stats were 66% vs 34% to LFC.

1 Like

Paul Robinson, wasn’t he in Neighbours?

2 Likes

Curtis Jones and Trent Alexander-Arnold are the first pair of Liverpudlians to score in the same league game for Liverpool since Robbie Fowler and Steven Gerrard in 2007…

8 Likes

First 10 minutes showed 46% percent of action on Liverpool 3rd which was still possession in our favor like you said. It proves those stats are very misleading.

2 Likes

I think that the holding midfield position is quite possibly the most tactically difficult position to play. If your midfield and fullback compatriots are prone yo drifting it feeling a touch lazy you can get exposed pretty damn quick.

Leiva was frequently lambasted for sub par performances but I retrospectively think a similar thing was happening.

Fabinho looked better against Leicester thanks to a tighter team set up. I still have some mobility concerns though.

You might get some help in here.

1 Like

Me too. Having surgery soon though so that should help!! :wink:

1 Like

Touché

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max