Post match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 15/5/23 8pm)

Klopp has made Smith look like an amateur there tonight. They couldn’t lay a glove on us. Reckon Virgil had to make one sprint in that entire match. Could have been a cricket score if our forwards had found their radar.

3 Likes

Europa League guaranteed. West Ham’s potential win in the UECL doesn’t stop 6th getting in as well

5 Likes

Tiring giving him MOTM virtually every game since he’s moved inside…but yes, another phenomenal game yet again.

What impresses me most is his commitment to fulfill his defensive duties, really shows a noticeable urge to get back which wasn’t always there before.

1 Like

Felt Konate had his best game with the new set up anyhow Jones motm and Trent a close second.

Was the easiest watch all season, haven’t a clue what the game plan was at 2-0 for Leicester was but you assumed they would have one but they didn’t.

Anyhow we do our job, no lower than 5th and some European football at least that isn’t Europa Conference :joy:

As for Leicester they are sunk.

2 Likes

Yep, I want for Alli as one of the best 3 because everthing he did was 10/10, perfect in all his actions

2 Likes

5th away win from 17 games. Conitnues our good revival. Clean sheet for Ali as well, who swept up superbly.

Curtis making runs into the box and getting a brace. Superb feeekick by Trent, with Mo’s third assist in rolling the ball to create a better angle.

2 Likes

Just outrageous, watched it 14 times already.

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1658209168728178688

1 Like

He’s been Man of the Match in every game since he move to the hybrid full back/midfield role.

Post match open by the way lads.

3 Likes

We know…we’re in it.

4 Likes

Nice 3 points. Just looking at the goals, Jonesy has that “right place at the right time” knack of a classic No 9. Could fit in fantastically if we stick with a false-9 tactic.

3 Likes

This is the post match thread :wink:

1 Like

I only just realized John Terry is part of their new coaching staff. That makes me a lot more comfortable with them going down

4 Likes

Sick Tom And Jerry GIF by HBO Max

3 Likes

Mascot we know you like your nights out, but let the missus drink next time, you pay…then drive.

1 Like

Its a sign of how badly things have gone for them that he is employed there.

I’m sober as a judge. But also senile as a judge.

2 Likes

Foooking horrendous keep having to watch Trent’s goal hahahahaha

1 Like

Even I gave it to Jones :joy:

2 Likes

Posted at 22:0622:06

‘Outstanding night for Jones’

FT: Leicester 0-3 Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold speaking to Sky Sports, first on team-mate Curtis Jones: "It’s not just been tonight, but since he came back into the team. He is a lad who would want to have played more but he has stepped up when he has got his chance.

"He has definitely impressed everyone. He sets standards for himself and we need to keep that as a team. Tonight was an outstanding night for him.

“We’re blessed to have players who can score goals. He is a midfielder who can score goals and in the system we play we need that. We try to create overloads. That’s the responsibility of the team. Curtis can arrive in the box and finish.”

On his goal: “[Jurgen Klopp] will take credit. He spoke to us and said let’s try it again. It’s been a while. I think we caught him by surprise. It was a well-work goal.”

3 Likes

Posted at 22:0922:09

Post update

FT: Leicester 0-3 Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones speaking to Sky Sports, on whether that was his best performance for the club: "I think so yeah, definitely. It was a game where I had the ball a lot and I scored two as well.

"I was off for 15 weeks, I had a hard time, so now I’m back and I’m in the team, scoring goals and helping the team. I’ll just try to continue.

“We do a lot of shooting in training. I’m playing games and settling in. You get more by being around the box so that’s what I’m doing. The day before a game we always have a [shooting] competition.”

On whether Trent Alexander-Arnold’s midfield position helps him: "Yes definitely, it allows me to stay high. I want to score and assist more. Having him there as a player who is calm on the ball, it allows me to stay between the lines. It’s working well and I hope it continues.

4 Likes