Post match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 15/5/23 8pm)

Don’t forget Mo with a hatrick of assists, probably be remembered more by some for his miss.:smirk:

4 Likes

On the flip side though, we’ve experienced and come through the expected teething problems of evolving how we play. Doesn’t mean we’ll play like this next season game in game out, but it’s another weapon on our artillery. Hopefully it gives the new midfield additions time to settle and gel into the set up and not have the pressure of hitting the ground running.

3 Likes

Very easy on the eye that. Odd to feel disappointed after a 3-0 away win that we didn’t score more. Could have been double figures our forwards had fancied it! Massive kudos to our midfield, ok it’s only Leicester, but they didn’t give them a sniff. Love seeing Curtis enjoying himself out there, Hendo and Fab finally hitting some form as well. After a horrible season I’m very pleased for them.

3 Likes

I agree.
I was a bit dissapointed that we didn’t score a few more, in the event of GD making a difference.

Hard to be dissapointed with a comprehensive win, but we could have had 4 or 5.

2 Likes

Fab does not look so bad when we are more compact in the centre. He has started to look his old self and even playing some nice passes again.

2 Likes

I didn’t mind the that we didn’t go on and score more last night, albeit I wanted more. We had the game in control. Chasing goals leaves us open to counters.

For those teams looking over their shoulders, they are counting points, not goals, and seeing a solid team performance is likely to have them a bit more uncomfortable than say the game ending with 3-1 or even worst if Leicester were to find a bit of rhythm or a lucky break of the ball and we suddenly have a shaky period in the game. Even when Leicester had a couple of chances last night, Ali was at his imperious best.

The message is going out to United and Newcastle. Just need that pressure to tell now and hope one of them slips up. And if not, well what a damn good way to end the season, and hopefully be a spring board for a decent season ahead.

Two left of the big nine.

3 Likes

Apparently Leicester were amazing in that first 30 and had the better chances.

I can only remember one and I can’t remember them being that amazing, punditry in this country, that was Paul Robinson by the way, I assume the former goalie but could easily be the bloke from Neighbours.

7 Likes

It was a dead rubber first 30, literally nothing happened…the only thing there was to talk about was the ref.

1 Like

Said it before, this is our pre-pre season.

6 Likes

Everton?

2 Likes

Strange how Fabinho, who was utterly finished as a player and should be offloaded asap doesn’t seem to be getting much flak during this winning run.

Fickleness

4 Likes

Leicester are a bizarre team now. There are some solid players in that side, they have no business being down where they are as far as I can tell. Southampton and Forest are simply overmatched, Everton has a remarkable assembly of overrated talent, Leeds has scarcely more talent than Southampton and none of it is defensive. Hard to think of a side that has been this much less than the sum of its parts. Rodgers is probably better off having been thrown clear of the train wreck, it does not look good on him.

2 Likes

I saw this on Twitter. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

https://twitter.com/nedkelly56/status/1658190660942323720?t=eTTAcmUyEUcl8PE27VjbzA&s=09

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

Always been a good passer of the ball, but with Trent playing wider, he had to deal with defenders more, and isn’t quite quick enough to create space for himself. With Trent pinched inside, the defense concentrates more on him, opening up space for Fab to create more easily.

Trent’s positioning has opened up more lanes for everyone.

1 Like

The team last night looked classy and composed, right from the off. Really pleased that Jones managed to bag a couple. He gets a lot of flak, sometimes justifiably, but at 22 is still relatively young and is improving. Hopefully last night will have done his confidence a power of good. The free kick by Arnold was a belter. Finishing off the season in style. Just need replacements for the Ox, Keita and possibly a few others over the summer.

3 Likes

Would like to see Thiago given a run at 6 for that reason. Effectively having two 6’s who can pass through the eye of a needle, could be very effective!

2 Likes

I am worried this loss will fire up Leicester and it will not be easy for us to retain the Standard Chartered Trophy.

Event-List-Page-_-Calendar-410x290

3 Likes

I think I have read some comments on this thread that some people thought he was good last night but I didn’t think so. Almost every touch was soft - like he’s scared to make contact with the ball. When a team is playing at a fast tempo like us last night in that first half, forwards want the ball fizzed into them and played to their advantage while they are on the run. Although I would say he has had some ok/good games this season (I don’t recall him ever being MOTM), last night it was all too tenative. The main positive from him is there wasn’t many times Leicester directly took the ball off him from under his feet. I couldn’t tell you if that is a reflection of Fabinho’s ability or Leicester’s.

Without question the player still with the biggest target on his back even with this run of team form. It’s not nice of me kicking a player when he’s down but its just a fact.

duck cover GIF

We’ve got this

Yep, at one point he said that Leicester had had the lion’s share of possession. The stats were 66% vs 34% to LFC.

1 Like