Post match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 15/5/23 8pm)

They were lucky to escape with a 0-3, because that could have been an absolute twatting. They were that poor. I don’t think Utd, Leeds or Bournemouth were as bad as them in the games that we stuffed them.

3 Likes

That Leeds side was bad but they felt like they were a handful the first 30, that didn’t feel concerning at all bar the first 5 minutes.

Man Utd we’re good for half the Match.

That was the worst and coupled with the Fulham game last week I can’t see them getting another point.

There going need a Pope like fuck up at Newcastle that allows them to play against 10 men or something and hope it gives them confidence, even if West Ham decide to rest half a side for the Europa Conference league final if they get there.

1 Like

Yeah it was. Wild challenge that touched the ball but didnt “win” it. I was a bit surprised the ref gave it as they do in a fairly random manner, but it is only not a foul if arguing defenses that don’t really matter.

2 Likes

To me it wasn’t a foul. I’m not arguing I can’t be arsed.

But Jota’s isn’t so.

2 Likes

Hey Leicester!
Excited See Ya GIF by The Good Place
Enjoy singing “Feed the Scousers” to anyone that’ll listen in the Championship.

I remember when Klopp first came to the club and that first bloody wound that we delivered would bring all our sharks to the carcass and there’d be a feeding frenzy. We’d actually try to put, and keep, teams on the ropes to score more.

We were like that tonight. I don’t recall too many games this season where we’ve kept our boot pressed against an opposition’s neck like we did tonight.

Loved it.

6 Likes

Oh, and the only statistic that matters:

Bellingham: 1 goal every 337 minutes in the league.
Jones: 1 goal every 306 minutes in the league.

Like a new signing.

9 Likes

I bet Maddison would love to play for us …

First two choices for motm easy to take. Like most of us I gave it to Trend and Curtis.
Gave my third choice to Fabinho finally.

3 Likes

:heart::heart_eyes::heart:

4 Likes

Yes, it’s a shame he’s not good enough.

8 Likes

Can’t pass the no dickheads rule.

2 Likes

And he’s quite creepy…and as he walks his head wobbles…

3 Likes

Routine, yet amazing win.
Over to you Newcastle.

MOTM - 12th Man.

2 Likes

2 Likes

0-3! BETTER LATE THAN NEVER! :grin:

4 Likes

Where? He’s one of those tweeners, neither a full midfielder nor a full forward

That was reminiscent of the 0-4 three years ago. Total dominance from start to finish.

The Scousers were the pick of the bunch. Curtis Jones put on a show and could have got himself a hat-trick. TAA with another stellar performance. He probably is the best midfielder in the league at the moment.

Really good performances by Henderson and Fabinho. They looked rejuvenated. Robertson with a trademark tireless showing, Konate and van Dijk didn’t let them have a sniff, Alisson as alert as ever. Surprisingly, it was the forwards who struggled the most, although none of them was poor. Just not at their best.

All in all, one of the best performances of the season to go along with the travelling fans who sung their hearts out.

7 Likes

TAA, Curtis and Fabinho my picks. Trent continues to impress in the hybrid role. He’s jacked up this season, I wonder if his cardio needed time to adjust to the extra muscle?

5 more games we’d have secured 3rd. Think we’ve left ourselves too much to do on this occasion, but if we can bring it down to the final game then who knows. Brighton v Newcastle is huge. Brighton still in with a shout is to our advantage.

2 Likes

I was nervous before KO, but 5 minutes into the game my nerves were settled. Yes Leicester started off bright and were threatening, but there was something about the demeanor of our lads that raised my confidence. It felt to me like a throwback to seasons past where I always felt we would win the game we were playing.
I couldn’t fault anybody last night. Ali (as ever) super reliable. He may not have been as busy as in some games but kept goal and swept well. The back four were excellent Ibou and Virg solid defensively with Andy and Trent especially threatening when going forward. The midfield 3 (4 with Trent) were everywhere. I know Jonesy will rightly get the plaudits but I’d like to give a shoutout to Hendo and definitely Fab. Fab had his best game in a long while. I’d thought he’d improved over the last couple or few games but last night had him back to something like his best.
The front three may not have had their shooting boots on but were industrious all game. Mo certainly had his assisting boots on though. Even in a relatively poor season for him his goal/assist numbers are great.
If nothing else, our win last night will have Newsandcastle and Manure sneaking a look over their shoulders for maybe a game or 2?

COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Happy days. Asking for goals from midfield?

We got 3 last night!

Our forwards are clearly shit.

An observation I have is how much more fluid we appear compared to earlier in the season. Looks like lots of things coming together, shame it might be a touch too late for a CL place.

2 Likes