Post match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 28/12/21 8pm)

Only voted for Joel Matip. He even collected a yellow so early in the match and still gave everything. Too bad that he was also part of the mess that led to the only goal in the match.

We were well rested, against a team with less time to prepare that also got hammered by blue Manc. I am annoyed, but could not even get angry…I am just in shock by today’s outcome.

3 Likes

Well that was poor. Very disjointed across the board. Matip and Tsimi the only ones who had good games.

Mo penalty miss was something else, especially with the rebound, but it was bound to happen at some point.

Perhaps going to be against the grain but not overly arsed - have spoken in other threads about our inconsistency and the unlikeliness of us winning the league this season so not particularly surprised, but won’t harp on about it.

The cup game against them was more important anyway; neither of us is winning the league but couldve won the cup - their season is going to be a nothing season now as I doubt they’ll bag the fa cup again. Us on the other hand: win a couple of trophies and finish 2nd - that’ll still be a good season and one we can be happy with.

Did not like the new chat feature thing or the locking of threads. Definitely gonna blame that for messing up the juju.

1 Like

We were missing Thiago tonight methinks. Pretty sloppy in the middle of the park. And something has gone wrong when Joel Matip is your most attack-minded player.

Thought Kostas and Virgil had decent games. Trent was abysmal second half and at fault for the goal. Hendo, Keita, Milly and Ox all looked static and unimaginative on the ball. And I gave up count how many times Jota lost it.

Bad day. Best forgotten.

2 Likes

Too early to be giving up on the title yet. We have to play them remember. But yet again we make things harder for ourselves.

Just pissed that the lads obviously ate as much Christmas pudding as I did.

3 Likes

Well that was lame by our lads. We can’t afford to lose any more games if we have to keep up with Man City.

4 Likes

I like it as well, but I don’t think we’ll use it again. Most people seem to be against it.

I didn’t appreciate a handful of lads trying to run a proxy in game using existing unrelated threads. Using the chat to tell people to leave it and go into the Premier League thread to Talk about the game. That’s a bit disrespectful and not really fair. Really bad form from those doing that. It would be nice if we could try something different once in a while with lads being grumpy twats.

1 Like

Most ever touches in a box without scoring.

That’s not good.

It is a disgrace though. Our 2nd string managed to get a draw with them. Perhaps it is time that we play players based on form, not on reputation.

Based on what I saw from Mane from the last few matches, he doesn’t merit a starting berth at all. Contributed absolutely nothing in offence. When given 2 chances this match, he fucks it up twice. If he even gets one in, the game would have been very different.

As for the midfielders, I can forgive Fabinho as he recently recovered from Covid-19. However, the same cannot be said for Hendo and AOC. Both of them are limited in nearly the same way. AOC got some technique but has fuck all in vision and is only effective on the right with his pace. Hendo’s not consistent in his technique and really poor defensively in helping out TAA on the right. Was partially culpable for their goal. Milly got sent for hotdogs once by one leicester player which is rare 2 years ago, clearly showing his decline.

This worries me a lot. One missing thiago and we goes to fucking shit against a midfield without Tielemens. We will comfortably get top 3 or even 2nd place but until we sort out our midfield depth and our forwards’ form, we will get fucked in games like this.

Trent was worse than iffy and we have become very reliant on him to create chances

Where was the pace of our general play that we displayed last week against them? We passed it with purpose, stretched them all over the place, players took on and beat their man.
World of difference tonight. Complete fucking lethargy and pass-the-buck bullshit. A fucking CB the only one who looked like he wanted to have a go at them.

4 Likes

Exactly right. We were dreadful tonight, but still had enough chances to win the game by 3 or 4. So wasteful in front of goal, infuriating.

3 Likes

The Boss agrees with my assessment. Just said “strange game, we had enough chances to win, poor decision making.”

EDIT: brutally honest assessment from the Boss. He’s not happy. They asked him about the 6 point gap to City and he said, if we continue to play like we did tonight we don’t have to worry about it.

7 Likes

Shitty pulling their pants down probably did us no favours.

Professional athletes are generally proud people, and they were likely responding to the embarrassment.

2 Likes

I hope we are not going to our infamous January slump time.
On most game days, the front three are on their A game, today, not sure what they were doing tonight.

4 Likes

Yep! I was limiting it to our strikers, but the whole team was below par, Matip excepted, and maybe Tsimikas.

Weird thing about us is every time we miss a penalty we shit the bed.

Anyhow the passing was crap, I got bored of Mane and Salah running around and those chipped crosses were awful. We were crap most of the game but when they scored we became even worse.

Matip looked assured and probably saved Fabinho a yellow early on but now I’m not particularly bothered about Sunday, could do with a result to just get back to winning ways hopefully two of the front three show up before they head off.

Worse thing was when we actually ran at them they looked lost, so we decided to chip the ball instead.

4 Likes

FFS. Trying to exercise and not drink. Now on the brandy.

Weird game.

To say nothing of the fact we were shite.

1 Like

The worst thing about that goal sequence was watching TAA joggin back after lookman beat him and then run past him for the pass

2 Likes

The thing that I don’t understand is why we’re working ourselves into the box with ease, getting into position to get a shot away, and looking for impossible eye of needle passes at that point.

Brendan is milking his post match interview. What a manager he is.

3 Likes