Post match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 28/12/21 8pm)

I think this was a crucial loss and that it will be very hard to overtake Sheik Mansour FC now.

A some what sad night, but we can still take titles this season although the Premiership looks a bit hard. We are simply not stable enough to win the Premiership unless we go on a long, long run of very excellent form (which I hope can happen).
I have not lost all hope for the title, but I try to be realistic, it will be very hard.

As for the game, I am a bit dejected right now. Don’t feel like commenting on the game much, I didn’t think we were very good. Of course, we had a missed penalty and a miss on open goal and had those gone in, I believe we would be talking about a different match. But they didn’t go in and from there it got frustrating.

Best regards for a decent night, guys. And if I don’t talk to you guys later on, then I want to officially wish every one a Happy 2022, both in personal life and in regards to Liverpool.

9 Likes

Second half was dreadful, the passing was the worst I’ve seen this season. Some of our players haven’t played for nine days and City put six past Leicester, two days ago. Our front three were really poor tonight, apart from missing the penalty, Salah may as well have sat out the game in the stand. And that miss by Mane, what the fuck is up with him? Sorry, but I can’t think of anything positive to say about tonight.

3 Likes

Same

1 Like

I’ll believe in the boys to the end, but this is my sinking feeling also. It’s only going to get more difficult from here and I don’t at all think we will buy in January just to cover 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Well, another title for the oil cunts.

2 Likes

They were fucking shite when they come on.

1 Like

Despite being a poor performance, should have still walked away with the three points.

Was a poor penalty by Mo, but it was early in the game, so shouldn’t have mattered. Of course, the big chance was Mane. Good link up play, then just had to go either side of Schmeichel.

Brendan set up with a front three high up, and looked to counter. In the first half, we snuffed out most of their play, so they were only in the game if you counted their offside chances.

Second half, Brendan went like for like with his subs, and Leicester finally found some joy in the vacant right back area. Lookman still had a lot to do, but did it well.

Even then, we had many corners, and with Leicester’s poor set piece defence record, you would expect a good chance. But was never to be. We kinda got in the way of each other at times with the subs being too congested.

Can expect some set backs, but coming off the Spurs game which “we was robbed” by the ref, needed the three points. Man City 6 points clear and on a winning run. The Chelsea game is now a must win if title hopes remain, or a must not lose to consolidate our position.

2 Likes

Yes. That’s why we lost.

Leicester so far this season…

conceded the 33, 16th worst record in league
conceded from set pieces 12, 20 worst record in league
conceded from corners 9, 20 worst record in league
cleansheets 2, 18th worst record in league
shots faced 264, 17th worst in league

they played 2 days ago and got pumped 6-3
we last played 6 days ago, where we only tunrned up for the 2nd half

Leicester had no fit CB,

what the fuck happened?

6 Likes

We should play the England cricket team. At football, to give them some self belief. Anaemic is being harsh on those with a lack of colour.

After Mané missed that I knew it was all over. We were fucking shocking in front of goal.

3 Likes

No you haven’t.

You’ve seen James Milner run the ball in the corner and win pressure relieving free kicks - all of which are legal.

You’ve not seen him pretend to be injured to take two mins out of the game, hobble of the pitch like he’s got two broken knees, before sprinting back on like nothings happened.

3 Likes

Pathetic. No other word for it. Some of them genuinely didn’t look arsed. Matip and Tsimikas the only ones to come out of that with any credit.
I feel for the travelling Reds tonight who have paid good money to go and watch that fucking shite and listen to those fucking retards all night.
Drop points at Chelsea and the title is gone if it isn’t already.

7 Likes

How many players city lose to AFCON? None I think.

Tsimikas for jumping into the stands to retrieve the ball.

1 Like

First half we were OK. We looked in control and created some decent chances and missed a pen. I was thinking then it was just a matter of time before we scored. Second half we were terrible. We got progressively worse after each substitution. In the end we were just a shapeless rabble.

I couldn’t understand the corner kicks. High looping balls to the back post. Easy to defend against and Leicester need all the help they can get at defending set pieces. Tsimikas was my MoM. Matip did well also. Sadio is worrying me again. Couldn’t do a thing right tonight. He had to bury that chance just before they scored.

Six points is a massive gap even at this stage of the season with City looking so good. On this form winning at Chelsea looks unlikely but that’s what we have to do.

2 Likes

We are far more susceptible to abject performances like this than the oil barons im afraid…
The Leeds game getting called off did us no favours at all in my opinion.
Oh well…historically speaking (this season at least), Chelsea need to watch out.

3 Likes

This is how I feel. Completely dejected. What compounds it for me is that for as poorly as we played it was still there for the taking. The chances were there.

3 Likes

Matip had an all-round good game, I agree with those who vote him for MotM, me included.

3 Likes

The difference between us and Man City (purely footballing, notwithstanding nation state cheats who have spent 1.5 Billion) is that their movement and short passing is better, and that comes to the fore against low block teams.

Mo was iffy today. Bad penalty. Got under the header rebound. Nowhere near his best.
Sadio was iffy today too. Golden chance, scooped over the bar.
Jota not great either. Pulled it wide just before the half. Not quite firing.

When our strikers are not on it, we really struggle. Leicester dug in, fought hard, got the three points. I hate that they rolled over and gave a gimme to Man City, then played like a team possessed against us.

But on our end we simply have to be better. Very disappointing.

The six point gap to Man City now looks quite large, especially given the relentless way they are racking up wins.

Chelsea away next. Tough one.

Pissed off. We were not good enough.

3 Likes