Post match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 28/12/21 8pm)

Yep! I was limiting it to our strikers, but the whole team was below par, Matip excepted, and maybe Tsimikas.

Weird thing about us is every time we miss a penalty we shit the bed.

Anyhow the passing was crap, I got bored of Mane and Salah running around and those chipped crosses were awful. We were crap most of the game but when they scored we became even worse.

Matip looked assured and probably saved Fabinho a yellow early on but now I’m not particularly bothered about Sunday, could do with a result to just get back to winning ways hopefully two of the front three show up before they head off.

Worse thing was when we actually ran at them they looked lost, so we decided to chip the ball instead.

4 Likes

FFS. Trying to exercise and not drink. Now on the brandy.

Weird game.

To say nothing of the fact we were shite.

1 Like

The worst thing about that goal sequence was watching TAA joggin back after lookman beat him and then run past him for the pass

2 Likes

The thing that I don’t understand is why we’re working ourselves into the box with ease, getting into position to get a shot away, and looking for impossible eye of needle passes at that point.

Brendan is milking his post match interview. What a manager he is.

3 Likes

I don’t want to be overly critical or single out any one player, all the boys not name Matip or Tsimikas were out of sync, but this was an especially bad night for Trent. He was awful.

3 Likes

I never drink while I’m exercising because I tend to spill it. Such a waste of scotch.

This is preparation for when mo and Sadio go to AFCON. They never played tonight even worse they both missed sitters.

1 Like

I did say he would didnt I… let him have his moment, he out charactered us

Probably lose to Norwich on the weekend so I wouldn’t worry.

Didn’t mind Brentford or West Ham taking points they fought for it, we gave it to Leicester tonight that’s just sad.

Second half I expected a reaction, it got worse.

2 Likes

Just thank you for spoiling my birthday…thought I would be on a high ,till the next game…but hey here we go again…

2 Likes

At least Fabinho didn’t get booked.

1 Like

agreed…i think the thing with him is if he isnt offering anything in offense then we pretty much fucked as he doesnt offer much defensively

1 Like

well there is that

2 Likes

Tuchel will do basically the same tactics up front with Lukaku, Mount and another, with a much stronger midfield. We need to go all out to win that game.

The midfield spark was wasn’t their from first Ox, and then Keita, who couldn’t express himself in this game. Leicester defended narrow, so would’ve liked TAA to get more down the right rather than stepping into the congested midfield. If we had spread our play down the line both sides, could have stretched them more.

Anyway, a classic smash and grab from them - defend the second balls (think how many Ndidi did), having luck with the opposition forwards miss sitters, keeper making smart saves, opposition making clearing headers from their own players in the box when they are unmarked - all the ingrediants are there. Brendan can enjoy this result, as he’ll probably lose 3 of his next 5 games.

1 Like

Was Fabinho playing tonight? I didn’t notice.

3 Likes

fuck it… im taking my kids out to lunch and telling them to spend whatever the fuck they want…FUCK FUCKITY!!

2 Likes

Honestly, this liverpool team doesn’t need a Haaland. This team needs a Bellingham or any deep-lying playmaker to replace Milner. For all his loyal service, Milner is most likely to retire at the end of this season. When he retires, I am not sure who can effectively cover LCM whenever Thiago gets injured.

Jones doesn’t look convincing on LCM. Elliot is earmarked for the right CM. Hendo has never played LCM and is not even doing a really good job at RCM lately. Keita is still not trusted to start games. AOC’s highly likely to be sold to which I think that will be a mistake.

1 Like

Well said, Virg.

If our colossus isn’t giving up, neither am I.

1 Like