Post Match: Lincoln v Liverpool [ELC 24/9/20 7.45pm]

Seriously mate, that’s a bit harsh, he’s just starting out on his career ffs

2 Likes

For me, that describes Origi as a player for us. Floats through the game and all of a sudden pops up and scores a goal, whether it’s a unforgettable worldie goal or a bog standard one.

3 Likes

You are “puting words in my mouth”…nothing I wrote implies, what you’ve written…I said…even glimpses…
Nor, I qualified anyone how good they were…
It’s quite different…to create, than to be created for you…Curtis will be 20 in couple of months…at some point, you dont need the coach to tell you what ro do…it is in the character…He scored 2 pretty nice goals, but when it got thougher, sat on a back seat…if he “pushed” for third…that would have been making a statement…regardless of the end result…it’s called mettle
All the best

I assume you’re writing in a second language and I commend you for that, but the wording of your previous post makes that exact implication.

Also no idea what you are talking about with regards to “when it got tougher” during a win where we were always at least four goals ahead.

Honestly, everything you’ve said is complete nonsense.

3 Likes

Well, since pre-match thread was locked…

2 Likes

Well I agree with you. First half great, second not so good. Wasn’t involved much and tried to do a bit too much when he did get the ball and lost possession cheaply. The whole team lacked a bit of discipline second half and it became a basketball game. I still love Curtis, though.

1 Like

Sorry cannot agree. I guess you and I look for different things in players. I saw Jones make the pass the put Elliot in when Minamino scored his second and I saw him tracking back later in the game. He clearly tired in the last 20 minutes but he had probably covered more ground than any one else on the pitch by that time. What you refer to as mettle I think many would call character. I do not think Jones lacks character.
Maybe the difference in language confuses a little but I am sure we will learn to understand each other.:slight_smile:

1 Like

IMO the plus points were. Tsimikas looking good, Good debut from Rhys although I am not yet convinced but hope to be.Curtis obviously . Great goal and passing from Shaqu but not yet convinced how good he is when we are out of possession. Maybe after a couple of games or so. Minaminos work rate and aggression were excellent, really beginning to look the part.
Thought Neco did o.k. as he was left up against two opponents at times.His first touch looked to be improving. Harvey had a quiet game but still got 3 assists.
Sadly I think fresh pastures would suit Div and maybe Grujic as well.

1 Like

7-2 easy win, good run out, a couple players didn’t really impress as they might have, but then again (I’m thinking Origi here) they have shown their use on a much bigger stage.

Other players took hold of it, and in particular Curtis Jones looks a real player.

To my mind it’s not the sort of game to debate too heavily. Lower opposition. Seven goals, job done. And reading the local Lincoln paper above, they were happy to get two goals against such a good side, so even in that regard we created a little good will.

The one concern for me is the Covid situation. The Prem clubs should be able to keep a tight enough leash on it and keep the show on the road, with a few cases here and there. However, to the degree we mix with others outside that relatively secure bubble, it might get more problematic.

2 Likes

To get the sence of it…you have to read the string of the posts…
…To put it simple…if somebody wached the second half only…at what point would they say…those guys might be reserves, but thats why they play at LFC?
…I couldn’t see craft, just an industrial product

If we even ignore the aspect of them or him not performing in the second half (which doesn’t seem right) considering a performance just for a half can never be a good parameter to judge a player. Changes made to the team, overall approach to the game and situation demands changes, and what may look a drop in performance can be what was expected - conserving energy, avoiding injuries, etc.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you…completely!
But be honest, for 44 mins it was an opened game…nothing special…nothing creative, organized, or a well thought maneuver…
Nothing against any of the guys on the pitch, on contrary…we have an ultra tight schedule this time around…which one would you pick to start, let’s say against Burnley, and play for 90 mins?

The same team as long as they give me a 7-2?

1 Like

:innocent::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Good answer

Stop your complaining. I had ESPN+ specially added at the pub, but you didn’t show. My fault, for not sending the invite sooner. :pensive:

2 Likes

You aren’t serious, right???

Nice :grinning:
4 Likes

If Jessie fecking lindgard can play for England. Curtis should nave in the squad already. I think he will be a gem.

5 Likes

Right trenty you know how to beat Dias… Again, again, and again…beat him.

1 Like

Wrong thread :rofl: