Post Match: Lincoln v Liverpool [ELC 24/9/20 7.45pm]

The Curse of The Divock is powerful stuff, tbf. With great power comes great responsibility and so he’s obviously careful who he uses it against. I think he was in a bit of a happy go lucky mood and so has now unwittingly doomed Lincoln to the Conference in a few years time. The great Jedi will be having a word and a few more meditation sessions reminding him of his responsibilities this weekend, I’m sure.

5 Likes

Everyone looked great or at worst, good in the first half.

You really see the effect VVD has on this team. It kind of fell apart in the second half and a good team may have scored a fair few. Without Big Virgil it seems like our team goes from confident men to a bunch of teenagers in terms of defending.

Minamino was superb. I’ve been waiting for this kind of performance from him, it’s exactly what we saw when he played against us in the CL. He looked tenacious and was always pressing the opposition (our 5th goal was a direct result of him doing this). He will be an able deputy to Bobby if he keeps it up.

Jones was boss. SO good to see a local in the team and doing well. This time next year and he could be a 1st team regular.

If someone will pay 20 Mil for Origi then I’d bite their hand off.

2 Likes

I watched every player on the pitch, as a first 11 starter. By that, one has to put it na a ratio…one for one!
The few mentioned were ok…but did not stand out…My wievpoint was about the second half. We scored within the first and last 10 secs. Had 44 mins to prove the level. This kids are part of the best team in the world. What I saw was industrial product, but expected some flair, raw talent on which you build…Rhys Williams was good on the ball, not too impresive while defending- this routines can be industrialized…
I truly expected to see someone who could fly into 1st 11 at any point…

unfortunately didn’t get to see the game “live”, but happy with the result. really happy that Mini got a double and Jonesy too. Good run out for the players that don’t get to play week in, week out

Involved in 3 of the goals and playing out of position. LEGEND.

2 Likes

Without him we looked a bit jittery and lacked composure.

2 Likes

Once again I never fail to be amazed at how underrated Jones is with some Liverpool fans, and in turn the national media.

5 Likes

All the better for us. Let him become our superstar the rest can go … . :smiley:

3 Likes

Have to say that we need to test our lads now for Covid19. The Tottenham Orient match is a huge setback. I doubt that Premier League clubs will be keen to play against sides which haven’t tested their persons for Covid19. Luckily, We face Arsenal who no doubt would be testing their footballers and staff regularly. But when it comes to the Champs League and the domestic cups, That’s where the risk only escalates.

It can be blessing and push him forward (Hendo)… in each new player, I hope to see even a glimpses of Steve…when needed he has to show up…the club, fans would love that…look at Thiago, he didn’t do too much…45 mins, and you say…aha, that’s what it is…
The way I saw the game…in that group, no one has anything on Brewster…

Exactly. Let the media wank themselves silly over Foden. We know that Curtis is better.

6 Likes

So Jones is not proven to be good enough because he is not Steven Gerrard but Brewster, who has been awful when he’s played for our first team, is better than him?

I don’t really see what you’re seeing with Brewster to be honest. I don’t care about goals at Championship level. Cameron Jerome scores at Championship level.

1 Like

i think I might have to watch the game again as I’m struggling to see and agree fully with the Curtis Jones love in.

Great first half I agree but second half our midfield kind of disappeared I thought although I can be blamed for not giving it my full attention. He’s young etc. and obviously a talent but you would kind of hope that he would have grabbed that game second half and just killed it off, especially when Lincoln had their 15 minutes.

I’m ready for the internet bashing.

2 Likes

Did Jota get a run-out? How did he look?

he did. Nothing special or didn’t really stand out to me. But to be fair being given the last 10 minutes (or whatever it was) in a dead game doesn’t lend itself to laying down a world beating performance.

I would honestly be more concerned with Origi. Yet another really poor showing from him I thought.

3 Likes

Apparently Neco Williams had to close down his social media account after troll abuse about his performance last night. Sad gits need to get a life and leave the 19year old kid alone.

3 Likes

Some little spotty faced cowardly gimp who lives at home with mummy.

7 Likes

Those people aren’t gits; they’re wankers.

5 Likes

I honestly didn’t think he was that bad. He had a decent steady game IMO. Got caught out a couple of times and given a hospital pass or two as well but did everything we want from a full back.

1 Like

I may be over generalising but I tend to find the majority of the abuse is from accounts called something like @Salah4316840 and their only other posts are directly to the LFC twitter account saying things like #FSGOut #AnnounceMbappe

Probably a good idea from Neco to shut his account, don’t need all that shit in your life.

5 Likes