Post Match: Liverpool v AC Milan (UCL 15/9/21 8pm)

Seems we have been lamenting our wasteful scoring for months…

I wonder if tonight will cure what ails us??

1 Like

Job done, deserved win, dominated the game most of the time. some stupid mistakes but it is what it is. They showed a very good reaction after conceding twice in 5 min tbf.

6 Likes

Got the job done which was important. Except those 3 odd minutes, there was no doubt we wouldn’t win this easily. Gulf in class. Still need to work on the finishing and some defensive mistakes, which were expected given a new CB pairing.

It’s a tough group and home wins are three minimum expected. Happy to see Jones and Milly return. Atletico drawing at home to Porto is icing on the cake.

6 Likes

I don’t agree with this really dangerous side they created nowt second half.

1 Like

I love the Champions League. What a fantastic game that was. Brilliant entertainment. This is going to be a tough group. We were a bit ragged but expected after so many changes. Can’t keep running the same players into the ground. Mad couple of minutes before half time and some typically poor finishing but we did it and that’s all that matters.

8 Likes

Well apart from the first 40 minutes. :grin:

2 Likes

Hopefully Matip is good to go again at the weekend, not sure I want to see a rusty Gomez covering on Trent’s side against Palace on Saturday.

Played pretty well against a good side barring a bit of a mad ten minutes. Lacked that ruthless edge again which is a bit of a worry, seems like we need 30 shots to score 3 goals which needs to be rectified ASAP.

1 Like

The 20 minutes of Mane looking like he has never seen a football before was a hard watch.

5 Likes
9 Likes

And yet we could easily have drawn with them.

3 Likes

going to have a cardiac watching these matches at work. it’s already stressful enough.

1 Like

The way I see it - the fact Klopp dished out hot lap minutes to squad players in a CL match against Milan is a balls of steel move … if we fucked it up - but we didn’t .
Genius in the medium run.

Am a bit annoyed with Naby - had an ok match but lost an opportunity to finally put his mark on a match.
Chastizing Divoc at half time never fails to bring results.
Trent good but flippant defensively.
Matip great but shaky/unlucky in the wrong moments.
Jota a bit off the boil.
Sadio never got into it.
Gomez rusty but good.

Allison flawless.

Everybody else great.

MOTM: Allie , Fabinho and Mo

1 Like

Porto red as well, he misses the LFC game. Not sure if he is an important player.

2 Likes

Why? We battered them. I remember TIA when we were shite and the pre-match was nothing but negativity - as most threads are in fairness. Nice to see some positive energy on the boards for a change.

16 Likes

Through our own undoing.

It was more Trent seemed intent on making them half chances. Ox showed him how to get a quick tackle in on 85 min.

That has zero effect on the actual game though.

6 Likes

we need to sacrifice a live chicken to shake that mojo off. Jobu angry

League Sacrifice GIF

4 Likes

@Kopstar Easy group, he said. Easy 3-0 win, he said. Been jinxing us for weeks now. At this rate I think we’ll be gathering the tar and feathers very shortly. :wink:

I loved this game, it was everything I love about the game. Thunderous atmosphere, our lads playing hell for leather, opposition rocking then making a comeback, our lads still going hammer and tongs at it. Gotta love football because we just watched what it should be, European royalty facing off and not backing down. Milan are no mugs, it seems, and they play extremely well between the lines with great movement off the ball. We can argue semantics and bemoan slips and blips but fuck it, football happens and when it happens like this you’re reminded how much you love it.

13 Likes

Huge difference between positive energy and arrogance

1 Like