Post Match: Liverpool v Ajax (UCL 1/12/20 8pm)

That’s some serious axial logic being applied there.

5 Likes

Isn’t his contract up at the end of the season?
His agents should have been at least testing the waters easewhere for a while now.

1 Like

Yes I think he only got a 2yr deal. Yeah but maybe not until Jan.

1 Like

Someone open a thread for the Kelly lad :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Adrian is in talks to extend for another 3 years,we’re pretty keen.

3 Likes

Thought it was a good game of football. Ajax are a good technical side. Play the game the right way. Not cynical. We had the best, more clearcut chances, they had a few. Not interested in winning the could have, should have, would have stats. The most important stats is what won us the game.

Every so often Mo and Sadio have games like that. It’s frustrating but and a big but, they cut clean through Ajax on the counter. One more goal would have been enough to sink them. In fact we should have wiped the floor with them. If only Mo and Sadio would have mopped up their chances it could have been a bucketful. In the end If their keeper hadn’t misjudged the flight of the cross he would have kept a clean sheet. He swept up behind their defence well though, hoovered up a few through balls. If we iron out our finishing we’ll be fine.

6 Likes

… or the dire ligue un, Bundesleaga 2 … amazing how many leagues only have one team in it (capable of winning it).

First time I can say it, likely fatigue, but Sadio seems to have lost his Mo-Jo(ta).

4 Likes

Livvy, that is such a cute scene and the gaffer has a huge smile on his face :revolving_hearts: :two_hearts: :heart: Hope his grumpyiness has gone.

4 Likes
10 Likes

Underrated hugs from Hendo and Bobby too.

6 Likes

Fucking huge result.

So proud of Neco. For a guy under the pump and so right footed to take that chance and provide a beautiful delivery off his left for the goal is what we all wanted. He looked far more confident after that as well.

He’s my motm.

6 Likes

And in saying so, you have done so as well.

1 Like

I’ve been told he’s not the same since Jota started playing regular.

2 Likes

Big relief, at least this is out of the way until Feb. Now back to the league…

4 Likes

Our third choice U23 CB started regularly in that league at 17.

3 Likes

Did she kiss you and stop you from shaking?

4 Likes

My heart rate was pretty high before and during the match. What a hard fought result. With so many missed chances, one wonders if that was one of those match. It’s fitting that one of the brightest forward player scored a strange goal to put us through to the next round.

Well done “boys”, literally for some of them. We all expect the veteran of the team to step up, and they did, but with the youngsters also stepping up to the level against a tough Ajax team, I am so very proud of them.

The only disappointment was that we did not put Ajax away early in the match with a few goals. After the initial 5-10 minutes, it felt that we were playing for a draw. We seemed to sit back a lot in the first half, as if we were saving energies, the possession and distance ran was quite a bit less than Ajax. In addition to Curtis shot straight to the keeper and hitting the upright, the front 3 were great but could not get that final ball right. Sadio looked a bit tired. Mo and Diogo had a few missed chances.

There are so many players that I want to pick for the top 3, but for the youngster, it’s got to be them:

1. Caoimhin: Stayed focus, made the important saves: wonderful save by tipping the ball over the net, another one by tipping the ball away and have the defence to kick it to safety, and of course the reaction point blank save from the old head from Ajax.
  2. Curtis: Great chances early in the match, and played well in the centre of the park. Outragous poacher goal.
  3. Neco: Took Neco about 10 / 15 minutes to truly get in the game. None of the mistakes were bad. Some of his skills to control the ball were outrageously good. Tough luck to pick up a yellow card that should not be given.

Big shout out to Joel, Fab, Robbo, Hendo, Gini. They closed out any chances from Ajax players.

9 Likes

No 1st names from now on please just surnames. :pleading_face:

3 Likes

How does the final game work, do we have to pick from the 23 if so does Adrian fancy playing in CB.

2 Likes