Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (ELC 13/1/22 7.45pm)

How are we going to get through the next 4 weeks…

The problem is that it is hard to play against ten men if they do what Arsenal did tonight - eight behind the ball and a back five. Especially as we kept trying to play through the congested middle.

3 Likes

Like Thiago….when really really needed. Injured.

10 men. Three CB. Plus they further strengthened their midfield. So now very strong through the middle.

And yet we continue with TAA coming inside. Finally sort it out at 80 mins with Neco providing width on the right, who gets to the byline with five in the box…and absolutely no one attacking the ball close to the keeper. All five standing back. SMH.

We at last come alive in injury time by stretching play on both sides. Which we should have done right from the sending off.

Jota - with no Mo/Sadio, we need to get him through the middle, with Bobby providing deeper support. No use him stationed wide right trying to do a Mo.

Positives - we know we can’t play this way at the weekend. Tweaks needed.

1 Like

It might be a good time to drop some “undropable” players for one match. Otherwise we will stay boring and complacent.

3 Likes

To summarise: shite

2 Likes

Not good enough. Arsenal down to 10 men and not a single shot on net. City scores 5 against them.
Play our kids in London.

The sending off and subsequent sitting deep did us no favours. We lacked an edge.

I’m still confident we qualify for the final. Arsenal will play football in the 2nd leg.

Trent struggled tonight. Clearly not fully for after covid.

Disappointing night.

Every fucking time, til Neco came on. There’s no way Klopp had told them to do that. Needed leadership on the pitch to stop doing the same bloody thing. But Hendo was the worst culprit

2 Likes

Matip, Jones and Neco.

2 Likes

thank God its almost over

He’s had covid give him a break.

Almost exactly what I was worried about with both Mane and Salah missing, plus that midfield. Breaking down a 10-man defense is not exactly in the toolbox right now, and Arteta had the decision made for him.

Minamino is steadily becoming Origi before the big goals…shows flashes, but mostly frustrates.

2 Likes

Who voted for Taki? :joy:

1 Like

Allison our man of match. His average position was probably higher than the Arsenal midfield. Should have come up for that corner.

You know it’s a shite game when Ben White gets mom. And possibly rightly so.

Bad night. On the bright side, it’s 0-0 at half time. And er, that’s about it. Jones looked bright when he came on too. Apart from that, struggling to see anything more.

We played in front of them and couldn’t break them down. It was pretty easy for an organized defense.

Taki terrible effort from an easy chance late on, but apart from that, I can’t remember any clear chances. The less said the better really. Not good. Not good at all.

I don’t care about the League Cup, but now that its the semi, I do. Hypocritical football fan I know, but there you have it.

Who wants these domestic cups anyway? :grinning:
The chavs will win it.

1 Like

Hendo has lost a step. Now u see why FSG were reluctant to give him that extension. With out his physicality hendo is jus another average english player

For the whole season?

That was such rubbish game and we couldn’t take advantage of Arsenal’s 10 men.
We need some new blood in the squad and our midfield needs improving.
Without Mo and Sadio, we don’t have a reliable goalscorer.

I am going to try and excuse the lads, they all had Covid and are zapped of energy, so they couldn’t train together much and this is why they were not playing well as a cohesive force.

2 Likes