Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (ELC 13/1/22 7.45pm)

Games where we get this feeling we are not going to score even if played another 90 minutes, we actually most of the times never score. The body language and the edge seems missing throughout the game which can surprisingly return as early as next game. Not sue why we never lift ourselves during the game. Arsenal earlier needed the Kop to provide the lift, but it’s been similar many times now.

1 Like

Toothless not even a glimmer of false teeth. Guess we have to get used to it for the coming weeks.

Btw, nice Minamino how you took your chance, sell him this summer, not good enough.

1 Like

Brentford will get someone on their side sent off in the first minute. It’s the new tactics against us

1 Like

I voted Matip, Becker and Jones.

Sounds like a middling law firm.

2 Likes

Impotent! Had a feeling prior to the match that it would be 0-0, should have had a bet!

Taki had the chance of the game for us, but…he blew it! Although he did work hard and I thought he was one of our better players.

Curtis looked lively and hope he starts on Sunday.

Well, its half time in this semi, and its all to play for.

Time for some Judas Priest!!!

Me. Fed up of the money clubs winning it with reserves.

1 Like

Yep he is not my favorite but I gave MotM to him too.

1 Like

But he must have.

TAA came inside all game. with Henderson trying to be two players at once by somehow trying to provide the width on both the left and the right side. Was ridiculous at times.

3 Likes

when matip is your best midfielder, u in trouble

2 Likes

Yup, it feels like that, doesn’t it…

In itself, a 0-0 isn’t that bad a result, we can still beat them in London. But the way our lads’ performance fell off a cliff after Xhaka’s dismissal was weird. It was probably the demonstration that our current collective form is poor and I struggle to see from where the improvement might come. Maybe when Thiago comes back?

I don’t know, let’s see what the football gods have in store for us over the next weeks, but looking at tonight, it will most probably be an almighty struggle.

MoM for me: Matip, who was head and shoulders above the whole rest.

And credit to Arsenal for a battling performance. Paradoxally, playing with ten men allowed them to regroup at a moment when they were about to lose their foothold in the game.

3 Likes

Worst performance of the season I’d say.

In fact, since the Everton game a month ago we’ve been pretty lacklustre all round. Midfield desperately needs someone who can provide a spark. We just look so unimaginative. City seem to be able to always find a way to unlock the defence, even against the most stubborn defences. We had it a couple of years back, but it’s gone.

2 Likes

It’s the new thing this season, but it need not be the only thing needed always. Mixing it with Trent providing the width would be good at times.

That Taki shot brings to mind that Jota miss from few weeks back. Taki somehow trying to smack that volley rather than just pass into the gaping net.

Well, it looks like all those false positives were ‘phantom’ pregnancies if the speed of our play is anything to go by…

2 Likes

Starting line up was great. First 20 minutes we were ripping them apart and they couldn’t cope. Red card happens and they form two narrow blocks. Starts to become a frustrating watch. Most posters calling for Ox and Jones to come up given how the game has changed and how Taki, Bobby, and Diogo are all camped narrow in the middle of the two blocks. They come on and we start operating in the wide spaces a lot more; stretching them and creating more chances. The problem: How long it took for those subs to come on.

I love Klopp but one weakness he’s had since day dot is that he almost never makes an early or proactive sub. Today that was the biggest problem we had. If those two had come on at half time like most posters were calling for I think we’d have won today.

Not the end of the world, mind. Another 90 to be played and based on how shit they were with 11 on the pitch at the start of today’s game I wouldn’t be feeling massively optimistic I if were one of them.

Equally frustrating today were some of the posters in the match thread. Not saying I dont get annoyed on here (just look at the first half of the quater final thread) but fuck me some of you need to take a minute and have a nice cuppa/nap/wank/whatever works for you.

Special shout out for Joel - second best player this season behind Salah

4 Likes

An in-form Thiago is exactly what was missing in that match. We kept playing centrally, without the midfielder to force them to collapse in on him.

1 Like

We are always bad in January, not sure why.

Merson has got it right on Sky….Liverpool made it easy for them….spot on.

2 Likes

Klopp isn’t stupid, there is no way he’s asking them to balloon it from distance and try and thread it through the eye of a needle in the middle. It happens every time we come against a low block, we get frustrated, we start to panic and stop getting it wide where all the space is.

3 Likes

Thiago is always injured when we need him the most.

3 Likes