Post match: Liverpool v Bologna (UCL 2/10/24 8pm)

henry showing off his spanish skills, with carra and richards looking absolutely confused… carra thinks its another scouser accent

2 Likes

and there u go carra embarrassing himself… stfu carra

1 Like

im muting this shit

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll never understand how @SBYM gets air time

2 Likes

Mate…

I just be me and you lot talk about me like I’m Mo’s left foot.

Magical, not the Daniel Day Lewis painting thingy.

3 Likes

Didn’t see/hear what this was in relation to, but a foul can be given if a player “impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made”.

carra to the commentary lady, " say liverpool are back in spanish, go on, say liverpool are back in spanish"… she looks at Carra, “hmm, no im not gonna say that”…

1 Like
3 Likes

Another 3 points and a solid win. Well done lads.

5 Likes

Hard-fought win against a decent side. They’ll cause a few teams some problems, very adept at playing out from the back (something we struggled with tonight) but lack of a cutting edge will ultimately cost them.
Positives were Grav again - on one occasion 1st half he actually passed to himself! - Mo scoring his trademark goal for the first time in ages, Alisson with some decent saves and the likes of Mac, Szobo and Diaz all putting in a good shift.
Biggest negative was Trent. Played around and passed around. Major fuck-up 1st half which could easily have resulted in a goal. Better opposition will exploit him and it’ll cost us. Not just digging him out, he’s a fantastic footballer but he’s a below average full-back.
We’re well placed but the next 3 games are pretty hard, in fact none of our 8 are against the teams who look like cannon-fodder. We’ll do very well if we finish top 8.

3 Likes

The words regarding a foul also has, trips or attempts to trip/kick etc, therefore if you have to hurdle a tackler then a foul can be given, remember when Robbo had to hurdle the challenge from Kane, so as not to break his leg, a foul was given and no red card, some idiots said that there was no contact so no red, when we all know it was a blatant red

2 Likes

Trent is not a below average fullback.

He just has those moments of brainfades.

2 Likes

I’m just happy with the 3 points. We weren’t as in control as we should be, and there were far too many yellow cards, although that is mainly down to the ref who was completely shit.

I don’t even mean PGMOL “see what we want to see when it suits us” shit, but more the kind of hopeless ref that you’d see in 1970s World Cups who seemed to have a dubious knowledge of the rules, and probably was at the level of sorting out a primary school match with 38 kids huddled around the ball kicking 7 shades of shite out of each other.

But I’ll take the 3 points.

3 Likes

Another good result against a decent team. The teams work rate was excellent all round. Alli made a couple of good saves to keep us in the lead and then Mo finished them off with one of his specials. Hard to pick a MOM with everyone doing well. I gave mine to Grav for his continuing good form. Thought the referee was diabolical.

2 Likes

Bologna were more than decent and caused us issues, especially from goal kicks or when Ali had the ball, leaving him with it and not closing him down. We struggled getting up the pitch with their man to man marking and it was frustrating in the second half in particular when Ali had to keep going long because there was no passing option. We need to be better at that.

Grav again looking smooth as silk. Nunez was poor in every aspect of his game.

Bologna kit was lovely.

2 Likes

Another win where we flattered to deceive. Bologna gave an excellent account of themselves and on another night, they might have scored a couple of goals. They caused a lot of issues with their high press and their quick passing.

We were mediocre in the first half and decent in the second. We had some really nice moments but overall we didn’t have as much control as we wished. Invidividual class made the difference yet again and more specifically Salah’s. Not his best game but both his goal and assist were world class.

Gravenberch as per usual, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, the two CBs and Alisson were the standouts.

3 Likes

edit …

4 Likes