Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 20/9/24 3pm)

See this every time but we would probably shown up a better side.

1 Like

Itā€™s 9 on the bench right? I make that 20 players + 1 manager each team soā€¦

1 Like

Arne will probably be sharp to point out the mistakes we made in the game and list about 200 things that need to improve, but the truth is weā€™re still a work in progress but for today it was more than good enough to get the 3 points and thatā€™s all that matters.

We are seeing the best out of Grav and if we can continue to see an improved Diaz/Nunez in front of goal then weā€™re in line for a very exciting season.

Still not completely overjoyed about our right side with Trent, Mo and to a lesser extent Szoboā€¦itā€™s far too similiar to last seasonā€¦too much possession being lost, too easily to get by and overrunning the ball.

5 Likes

Agreed completely. Kells made 7 saves. Many of these coming from our sloppiness

3 Likes

2 goals conceded in 6 games.

8 Likes

Many pot shots from distance.

2 Likes

I voted at end of the first half. Voted on the second poll though. Not the first one.

Is it just me who can see 2 polls? Thought my screen was fucked for a sec.

Hope so

Done and dusted in the first half really.

I think I can see what Slot meant about Bournemouthā€™s high line suiting us because the goals all came from counters.

Diaz MotM. On to the cocoa cup, although seemingly not available in Germany.

2 Likes

Good enough performance all around.
Diaz is looking so good this year.
Grav with another excellent display. Zubi-who?
Mac Allister with two worldie passes that I recall, unfortunately neither leading to a goal.
Konate making it very hard for Quansah to get back in the side (but hope there will be some rotation there midweek)
Jones was very tidy when he came on, makes his case for a start midweek.

Kelleher showing again why heā€™s the best backup keeper around.

Would make a cheeky MOTM bid for Kepa, his ludicrous error gifted us the first goal and settled the nerves.

4 Likes

Agreed. If we could swap Mo with the Mo of 5 years ago weā€™d be title favourites, IMO. Really think Mo 24-25 is showing why he hasnā€™t (allegedly) been offered a new contract. He seems weaker - slower to the ball and his shooting has been underwhelming - although he still has the quickness of feet.

1 Like

Itā€™s one average match for Mo.

Where he still got an assist.

12 Likes

Couldnā€™t watch the game unfortunately, but itā€™s a great result and puts now last weekā€™s disappointment firmly behind us. Onwards and upwards! :+1:

3 Likes

Unacceptable. Thatā€™s what happens when you donā€™t spend big.

1 Like

We allowed Bournemouth 19 shots. Far too many

Feel heā€™s looked off all season (didnā€™t see the Meelan game).

Really? The first three games were filled with him performing exactly the opposite of what youā€™re saying. Itā€™s only been post-international break that heā€™s looked a little blunter.

7 Likes

Most were speculative efforts.

3 Likes

I think I prefer city to win. City are at the very least getting points deducted this season. In my opinion: If we finish above arse, we win the title

5 Likes