Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 20/9/24 3pm)

Pointless stat when most were pot shots with only 6 on target and none resulted in goals.

2 Likes

Its a 3 nil win he has to find something to whine about.

5 Likes

You can’t have watched start of season then.

3 Likes
9 Likes

For me, Grav makes it 6/6. Man of the match again. Has there ever been a bigger turnaround from a Liverpool player ever? Incredible.

14 Likes

Nice win, average performance. The scoreline is flattering. Bournemouth created good chances and had periods looking more threatening. It’s telling that Kelleher was among the standouts. Also, the tendency of starting matches half-asleep has annoyingly carried over from Klopp’s last season.

Slot won’t be particularly pleased with the performance, although no one can argue with the result.

3 Likes

Except playing under a new manager in a new role, the only other difference from the Grav of last season to this was the run of games he’s getting…he had spells here and there but for whatever reason (cough Caicedo you cunt cough), never had that run which we’re seeing now.

How good a player he is has been known about for a long time.

3 Likes

We call it riding the Gravy train

Have a Cigar lad!

Flashed talent last year but seemed to drift in and out of games. In the new role he just always seems to be where he needs to be to make a tackle, interception, or give teammates a safe passing option.

1 Like
2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Good first half but don’t know what to say about the second half as my stream kept buffering and all I knew was they seemed to get through our midfield with ease time and time again, delighted to see Jones having a impact and over the moon for Darwin with performance and super goal.

People talking about Darwin’s performance. Apart from doing that, I thought it was a really frustrating performance again. Continuing standing in other players space, offside, running into dead ends.

2 Likes

Some people think that we play United every week :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Apparently after Forest, we’d judge Slot and the team on the reaction.

Pretty good, I’d say.

9 Likes

I don’t remember seeing any of that except when he got in the way of a Salah shot once?

Apart from that I thought he was hustling really well, getting back and defending, but not really getting that involved in the attack either.

6 Likes

Give credit where it is due…

Grav has looked a transformed player from the first game. It has nothing to do with just getting a run of games.

Giving him confidence + clear instruction has made him a better player. This is no knock on Klopp who created many world-class players.

7 Likes

Our setpiece routines are better than what they were previously.

3 Likes

The role Grav is playing, means he has no hiding place anymore - He has stepped up, and is doing the task beyond expectation. Full marks to him for that

10 Likes

Yeah…none of that ever happened though. It was a quiet game from his standards but when were the offsides and dead end runs?

It was his first start this season and the guy is popping up in midfield to pinch the ball back for his team, give him his due.

9 Likes

When Slot made the subs, i was surprised that both Trent and Mo weren’t the ones coming off, Trent was too complacent on the ball and Mo wasn’t making the right choices.

Other than that our play through midfield was exceptional just need to improve decision making in the final third, because 2nd half we should have killed them off.

Ibou was immense, Diaz clinical, Gravy class and Szob and Macallister technical workhorses.

And a clean sheet, what is there not to like.

10 Likes