Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 20/9/24 3pm)

I thought he did well , pressed like fuck and some nice touches. Reminds me a bit of Peter Beardsley … just better looking.

4 Likes

We need to manage his minutes, problem is he may think otherwise. For me he has tended to start seasons well, however, over the last couple of years then his form drops off around Christmas, normally afcon, when it’s on and when the games come thick and fast.

1 Like

An impressive post-match conference imho. It’s obviously easier after a win, but he looks totally focused on improving this squad and his analysis of the game and reaction tho the questions is razor-sharp. For the time being, he looks like a good communicator.

5 Likes

I’m actually agreeing with you. That’s what I meant. We need to manage his minutes, which also means that our vision for him may not be the same as his vision for his future.

If we manage his minutes, then we would also probably expect to see that reflected in his pay, and what he/his team would accept may not agree with that.

I don’t think Salah would necessarily want to go to Saudi.

Probably deserves a 2 year contract with a 1 year option additionally though. As far as the pay is concerned, he’s earning somewhere what Rashford is earning for Man United. Maybe a slight salary cut can seal the deal.

1 Like

And I was agreeing with you, why did you think otherwise?

This is the only place where people argue about how much they are agreeing with each other.

9 Likes

I’m not saying Saudi. I think he probably has absolutely zero interest in going there. But there are other teams, and other leagues.

1 Like

It’s the internet, don’t we automatically assume we disagree with each other? I must be interneting wrong…

1 Like

The best thing that Australia has contributed to the internet discourse.

1 Like

Salah needs a rest this time…Time for a rotation!

And that was less him getting in Mo’s way, and more Mo just being myopically focused on trying to salvage a busted play by himself and ultimately running into a player who had made himself available for a pass two touches earlier.

5 Likes

Excellent and very professional performance. 3 up shut up. Almost procedural. Those two sharing a point makes for a most excellent weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Was impressed by Curtis’s cameo.
He looked well up to speed in the short time he was on.

4 Likes