Post match: Liverpool v Brentford (EPL 6/5/23 5.30pm)

take the fuckin points

1 Like

After watching Leicester against Everton, I donā€™t think we have much to worry about.

Then again, this bloody seasonā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t get this we were playing game on Brentfords terms.

Lots of long balls. Lots of the ball in the air. Chaos.

1 Like

Putting a positive spin on a poor performance by Brentford. Liverpool were never troubled and should have won by several goals.

4 Likes

What chaos exactly.

Only chaos I remember was knocking my can of coke over.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more.

There was some false narrative being pushed by the commentary team about a ā€˜precarious leadā€™ and our defence looking ā€˜fragileā€™ā€¦ when in actual fact they never troubled usā€¦at all.

Probably trying to inject a bit of jeapordy but that kind of talk can prejudice opinion

I never caught the Fulham game, but that was as comfortable a 1-0 win as it gets for me.

1 Like

We didnā€™t really have much choice. Taylor was applying completely different refereeing style to each team. We tried to match Brentfordā€™s physicality, but every time we got near them Taylor gave them a foul. It was infuriating god me, so Iā€™m sure the lads playing were frustrated.

Iā€™m sure I used to like Brentford, but what I saw to today was a Pullis team with slightly more imagination. Hard, physical in your face in defence. Like a bunch of fucking pansies when given a bit back. Half the fouls Taylor blew for them would have waved away the other way round.

2 Likes

It seems more and more people are seeing it for what it is.

waits for Rambler to tell us his Brentford supporting friend thinks Taylor shafted them

3 Likes

The issue is some arenā€™t corrupt just bad, this was bad. Not every ref is bad but the last two have been bad, the three between not so.

Of course the worse ones show up time and time again.

2 Likes

I think I remember first half a long ball that Toney flicked on with his heel and Mbeumo ran onto it with a defender right with him. He turned and hit it first time while off balance and it dribbled to Alisson who picked it up easily. I guess that is on target. But yeah, overall Alisson had one of his easiest days of the season today.

3 Likes

A win,3 points despite Taylorā€™s best efforts, unless the Mancs fall in an untidy heap CL looks a bit hard,but who knows.Max points the last 6 games, started a bit sooner and weā€™d be OK.

1 Like

Rambler is PGMOL in disguise

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Maybe Taylor is a Monarchist

1 Like

Felt like the whole game was an aftermath of the Tierney/PGMOL episode. The players performance, the tactics, the entire game itself took a backseat to that bald piece of shit sending a message. ā€œBehave or elseā€

Fuck him and his cohort of inept/biased/corrupt cunts who end up deciding league titles according to their wishes and whims.

3 Likes

But only bad in one direction?

1 Like

The most eventful bit of that game was the national anthem. At least it inspired the best YNWA for ages. Unfortunately then the football started.

It was a terrible game. Whenever some football did threaten to break out Anthony Taylor was there to remind us that he was the real star of the show not those idiots kicking the ball about. Every minor infringement particularly if it was against a Brentford player was rewarded with a free kick. He was whistling so much it was like he was herding sheep. At least it wasnā€™t cold.

Hard to know what to make of this run weā€™re on. Seems to me like the players just want this season over so they can go on their holidays and forget it ever happened but somehow we keep on winning. I donā€™t think weā€™ll make top 4 but if we do itā€™ll be Klopps biggest miracle yet.

2 Likes

Maybe a bit of that.

What I thought was going on was that classic case of a referee letting a team play to their strengths, while penalising the other team for the exact same approach. You see it a lot in the FA Cup, when smaller team turn up at the ground of a big team and are allowed to kick the shit out of them, but the woe betide any of bigger teams lads if they make a physical tackle!

The most infuriating one of these was the header he penalised Van Dijk for winning. Ten minutes letter he let a near identical foul go the other way for Brentford.

4 Likes