Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 20/10/24 4.30pm)

In the context of what refs are looking for to determine if the foul was DOGSO, these are really quite different. Especially if you look at the angle of the ball that on the Jota foul was angled towards the covering defender.

Does White make up enough ground to prevent a shot getting off? Almost certainly not. Would Colwill have? Maybe, maybe not, but is clearly a much more likely possibility.

There is always the possibility, that Jota could have immediately launched the ball goalwards over the keepers head, if he had been allowed to stay on his feet. Re MO against Ederson.

No rule in the book that states he had to run towards goal with the ball, before taking a shot… That was a red card IMO

5 Likes

Yes, that is fair, more consideration has to be given to the other defender. Nonetheless, that defender is still about a meter behind after Jota has been brought down. My point was to emphasize that the Arsenal one had no possibility of accidental contact, but also had the possibility of a dive.

1 Like
5 Likes

the bournemouth player wasn’t offside?

It looks like that, but it was a misplaced pass from Trosard so he cannot be offside

Ok. It makes sense now

2 Likes

always liked Shanks and Paisley, but especially Paisley who done all the talking with team performances on the pitch . His record of titles eclipses all that of ol’ fart up the M6. Yes, I am very very biased

4 Likes

On a Liverpool site? Deary me!

7 Likes

I can’t stand Chelsea. Bloody horrible club with shit owners and racist fans, but having bought every decent young player in Europe, they do now have a decent team. They’ll be pushing for a top four place and the away fixture will be hard work.
Glad to get the points.

8 Likes

Unless they implode in the meantime.

Did notice similarities with their Man City game actually.

13 Likes

I dont say this often, but what an ugly fucking baby

10 Likes

You get 3 @cynicaloldgit points for that.

8 Likes

Ah, the Cynnie points…

1 Like