Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 20/10/24 4.30pm)

Neville obviously was kept in his box to a point, when Jurgen was here, knowing full well, Jurgen would call him out - AS will no doubt have to do the same at some juncture -

I didnā€™t know this, but Iā€™ve seen some social media chatter that Nevā€™s preseason table had us fifth and Utd third. Apparently he also slated our midfield whilst pumping up theirsā€¦

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No wonder heā€™s wobbling a bitā€¦

10 Likes

One of the greatest joys of living in France is never having to see or hear that cunt.

15 Likes

I enjoy all the turkeys gobbling away. Never take them too seriouslyā€¦the entertainment value is what keeps me going backā€¦

(ā€¦when we win)

3 Likes

Lol, did they really sit Murphy next to Rafa? They must have been hoping for some fireworks thereā€¦

3 Likes

Wait, you were the dude with the @Alright_Now_Levelheaded profile during This is Anfield forum era? :hushed:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never been Curtis Jonesā€™s biggest fan but he was really good yesterday. Weā€™ve seen it before though on many occasions where he has an excellent game and is then distinctly average for the next month. I would give him a run in the side now at Szloboā€™s expense and see if he can do it on a more regular basis because that sort of performance is what he needs to be producing game by game rather than in isolation.
All my 3 MOTM votes went to players who Iā€™ve been less than impressed with lately, Trent and Mo getting the other 2 votes. Thought Szoboslai was poor again, heā€™s just not contributing anything in the final 3rd despite working hard.
Ref was a tit but that was to be expected as he has a bit of form with us. Also strange we havenā€™t seen Tierney since Klopp left.

8 Likes

No, he was Not_Alright_Then but heā€™s Alright_Now

2 Likes

What did I miss?

2 Likes

From todays match report in the mediaā€¦

he writes. "Curtis Jones duly stepped up, eclipsing Cole Palmer to keep Liverpool top of the Premier League.

"The combined cost of the six starting midfielders on either side at Anfield was Ā£310.5million. Jones cost nothing ā€“ the academy graduate too often taken for granted by those seduced by exotic names with huge valuations.

"With each pass Jones located a team-mate who cost a small fortune, while most of his duels were with an opponent who Liverpool tried to sign to take his position for double those fees, Chelseaā€™s Moises Caicedo and Romeo Lavia in tandem as the Anfield midfield pair that might have been.

ā€œPerhaps Jones felt he had even more of a point to prove as he eclipsed so many of those in both sides who were once considered an upgrade.ā€

15 Likes

Donā€™t jinx it.

1 Like

Iā€™m not really sure thatā€™s how it goes. Itā€™s usually he has a few good games, followed by a brilliant game, then his body succumbs and heā€™s out for 3 months before he starts from the bottom again.

6 Likes

Very interesting contrast and very refreshing listening to Rafa right after the clip with the post match interviews.

The big problem of football is that there are too many ā€œphilosophersā€ in the game. Each with a different volume/weight of crapology.

Rafa begins contrasting the two teams and managers by saying: ā€œwhen you want to win titlesā€ā€¦

Really not much else to add after that.

3 Likes

https://x.com/TrollFootball/status/1848367982696898602

8 Likes

Wow, didnā€™t realise how similar the 2 incidents were until I saw that.

Only difference I can see is the 2 officials that matter in our match have proved themselves to be cunts on numerous occasions where Liverpool FC are concerned.

2 Likes

Whilst I like the gist of the article, it saying that the cost of the six starting midfielders was 310 million when the Chelsea ones account for more than 2/3 of that, is disingenuous and misleading.

3 Likes

I watched both matches. The only meaningful difference was the Arsenal player was much more clearly taken down with an arm motion - which also meant that whether or not the contact was enough to actually take down the opponent was not as clear.

4 Likes

A bit like Liverpool and Everton having 6 European Cups between themā€¦

14 Likes

Yes good pointā€¦ Although I think the article was stressing, or sniping at the point, LFC had a talent under their own nose, yet still went out and spent big bucks trying to find talent that CJ already has in spades :+1:

Also Grav is better than Caicedo and Lavia combined.

6 Likes