Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 20/10/24 4.30pm)

Just looking at his last season with Feyenoord, they only lost twice all season. It was the draws that really differentiated from PSV for the title. So, doubtless he adapted but not always successfully. On the other hand, he is working with a far more talent group of players at LFC than Feyenoord.

5 Likes

Rafael Benitez would like to know your location.

Ha that was mad.

Was the most emotional Iā€™ve seen Slot today. But the team were calm even as the ref was fucking us over and crowd were angry.

After the game he made the point about the refā€™s decisions, but took the heat out of it by laughing and saying he deserved a yellow card. Heā€™s v good with the media. Early days though!

12 Likes

I donā€™t post often but I agree with most comments here. We are less heavy metal and happier to soak up pressure until the right moment arises. Today was a good example against what I thought was a v. good Chelsea team. We were happy to sit back for long periods.and counter when the opportunity arose. The possession stats show this. Admittedly I miss the intensity of Jurgen a little but love Arneā€™s intelligent tactics. Maybe Arne is a bit more Paisley, quietly spoken and humble, but shrewd with it whereas Jurgen was more of a Shankly - outspoken and always mindful of the fans. Interesting times. .

11 Likes

Great to see this man back at Anfield today.

28 Likes

After an inernational break we are usually not at our best. Even more so Iā€™m glad we have three further points.

4 Likes

McNulty more positive than many on hereā€¦

Nice to wake up to a win.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Not only did Slot pass his first ā€˜big testā€™ today, it also comes with a not very subtle implication that going away to Man Utd is not a big test anymorešŸ˜‚

18 Likes

I had exactly that thought when I was looking at the comparison of goals scored and shots taken between this year and last. We have only scored 3 goals twice this season, and that was one of them.

5 Likes

Arne Slot: Welcome to Liverpool.

Get used to that frustration.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to know what Klopp really thought of that Robbo press. Probably something like ā€œwhere the fuck does he think heā€™s goingā€.

3 Likes

I noticed his assistant, after tonight Iā€™ll call him the ā€˜jet coolerā€™, go and grab Slot by the arm on the final whistle and force him toward the bench.

The way our players do when Nunez has the red mist and wants to take a players legs out.

I just wonder if he was going to go over and blast the refs. Looked full of emotion.

4 Likes

As a tactical manager, undoubtedly. But with the crowd roaring, and the City players at least as baffled as to what was going on, I suspect he was OK with it.

5 Likes

You should listen to Steve Nichole. A real piece of work

2 Likes
4 Likes

Remember when he was considered a level-headed punditā€¦ Valencia must have really broken him.

2 Likes

I donā€™t remember that because Iā€™ve always been level headed.

1 Like

Great win. Jones and Gravenberch the pick of the bunch. I thought it was a fairly even game and as such, Chelsea deserve credit for their part in it. They look a top four side to me.

As for the ref, I didnā€™t get it. He blew up and gave free kicks against us way too much. We are being refereed way too strictly, and apparently a shoulder challenge isnā€™t allowed any more? The ref had a poor game.

Still, top of the league is lovely to see. Up the reds!

3 Likes

His attitude towards us changed dramatically start of last season when he thought the decline would start.