Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 20/10/24 4.30pm)

6 Likes

6 Likes

I thought he was quite important defensively, and stitching some of the moves together deeper. Just not that much impact further up…

3 Likes

I love that he’s highlighted Salah’s defensive contribution today, because I thought that was vital.

7 Likes

What channel is he on ? Neville affects my blood pressure !

2 Likes

Fox News in the US now

1 Like

Hopefully he can do a Gini.

I thought it was an assured performance to be honest.

We had the better chances and I think our quality won through.

Penalty was a pen so not sure what Enzo wankface is on about.

Not pretty but considering the wind and missing a few players and also not having bought about 15 squads we were still the better side.

Hopefully get Maca fully back for next week.

6 Likes

https://x.com/SamueILFC/status/1848062667136569657

9 Likes

Think about it, we made Chelsea pay £110m for Caicedo. :blush:

4 Likes

Every time we play them I come away happier he dissed us for Chelsea

5 Likes

What are we doing different under Slot? Our defensive record is fucking awesome.

2 Likes

It’s all those big money signings he made in the summer!

16 Likes

Biggest difference I can see is we are just not gambling as much in the attack, so we are giving up fewer counters. We are not scoring as much (half the number of games with 3 goals scored as last year), we are not throwing the knockout punch the way we tried to under Klopp, but we are almost never letting some though the midfield for a run right at our defensive line after a turnover. So far the balance is better, though I would say our first matches have been softer than last year. Today was the first serious test.

11 Likes

I’m in NZ, just normal sky channel for me

It feels less emotional and more of an even keel. Highs not as high and lows not as low. Might not be as much fun, but should be less stressful!

4 Likes

A lot of the teams we have played so far including Man Utd rely on the counter so it probably has made a difference.

4 Likes

Much of the league does, so I guess the danger is that we become more of the ‘flat track bully’ kind of team. More reliable at delivering results against most of the league, but perhaps less able to put a Citeh on their heels for 10 minutes and take control of a game with a flurry. Next weekend will be a massive test in that regard.

4 Likes

I am guessing Slot’s reaction to a moment like this might be a bit different from Klopp’s

https://youtube.com/shorts/-EbxCGlLP4s?si=IBnBcv6orx9HiYr9

4 Likes

Yeah but perhaps Slot has noticed this.

If you block the counter against certain teams you’ll lose less.

Of course it doesnt work say against some teams but he adapted against Milan.

2 Likes