Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 4/3/21 8.15pm)

Inexcusable the football this season. Can’t defend. Can’t score. No open play goals this year at home. Injuries have blighted this team but its simply shocking all round the way this season has unravelled so far. Shameful.

Poor I won’t be giving a motm so much for team sitting back being the issue.

A tame Gini header and that’s all we produced, might not even bother watching Sunday, at least the shops open in a week or two.

At least I won’t have to bother with midweek next season.

1 Like

Yea mate. Players are knackered, injury’s to all main defence. Captain missing. No fans. Keep the faith lads. We will b fine once things level out.

2 Likes

All post match questions will inevitably be about Salah to piss Klopp off.

Anyway, I feel Fab was rushed back. I wanted to play with CB in CB positions again. N Phillips with a deeper line and play like against Spurs. Chelsea exploited the high line all game.

Salah hooked off with reports all suggesting he was not following Klopp’s defensive instrctions. In Sheff Utd game, Salah played wide right and helped with defending, so maybe Klopp wanted more of that. Stupid thiugh to take him off - Rather he put Mane, Salah and Jota to play off the cuff up front.

Ox? Anonymous again. Played a nice pass out right to TAA, but then just stood there, with not even a jog forward. If he’s coming on as the most advanced midfield player, he needs to make them runs into the box.

Both thing can be true.

• That was shite

• It should have been a pen.

2 Likes

I know most of us, maybe everyone, is feeling miserable. I do. So I don’t want to write much, just say that I hope you all get a decent night sleep and that better days will come. My hope now is all about next season being a come back season.
Wish you all the best. Good night and try to take care…

8 Likes

Glad Klopp brought Milner to secure the 1-0 defeat. :rage:

3 Likes

We’ve been destroyed by injuries this season but I looked at that starting line up and bench tonight and thought it’s actually not bad. Probably better than any team in PL bar City. No excuses tonight

1 Like

I’m not sure what went on in training but our last game was on Sunday. You would think it was yesterday. They just looked lethargic. I’m not sure anyone came out smelling of roses. Trent did his best and Kabak looked promising.

I’m just hoping things will pick up with some players coming back from injury but it will take them time to get up to speed.

Yeah, he was the best of them. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Liverpool side lack a sense of purpose or adventure until tonight. Something’s not right…

1 Like

Both hands up out from the body, in right angles facing up.

A pen all day.

Even with the relaxation in the rules, no idea why that not given. Don’t give me the too close argument. The guy was making himself bigger and got away with it.

We played crap, but yet again these confounding decisions are shit.

1 Like

Our pressing was rubbish, the high line isn’t so much the problem as pressing behind a player just is not effective. Then we often get caught out by that deep double pivot of Chelseas. When you see it’s not working then you have to sit back more (as pressing 5 defenders plus 2 deep DMs is very difficult, nigh on impossible, just one quick ball to one of the opposition attackers and your defense is in disarray particularly when the defense is a ma looking kid and a midfielder who hasn’t played for 6 weeks).

Fair enough. Though if it was the other way round people would be moaning about a goal being ruled out for an armpit offside

Only quoted this line but I agree 100% with your post start to finish. It’s Dortmund all over. Dortmund 2.0.

And this is on The Boss. The stats are horrifying. 5 straight league defeats at home in our clubs history defies logic. Sheffield United have picked up more points than us in 2021. This is not a minor slump. We haven’t been good since project restart.

Something is rotten in the room and has been. Will be a fascinating Summer.

7 Likes

Tactics need to change. The stubborness in sticking with the high line is going to cost us a lot more before this season is out. Salah sub was strange as of the front three he’s the only one I back to actually put the ball in the net at the minute. Surprised Jones subbed as well as thought he was one our better players today. Plus side: Jones continued to play well, Jota back, Fab back (he usually takes a game or two to get up to scratch), Kabak played well (hopefully a sign of more to come), Milly back so Gini might get a rest at last.

Wouldn’t mind the no pen if there was a sense of balance with any of the vaguely contentious VAR moments this year. That said drawing this game wouldn’t have made it less shit to watch.

1 Like

i was told in the prematch it’s what Klopp wants. Just can not believe that for a millisecond!

1 Like

I’d have given that goal if it were up to me.

3 Likes

Are the players responding to Klopp? Surely at some stage he puts more than a band aid on a gusting artery?
Can he continue to defend those being half arsed?
Looks like taking Mo off for not tracking might be the signs that there are issues behind the scenes.

2 Likes

Poor. Nowhere on the pitch we were good. Seriously worried for us. Champions League is long gone imo.

Because we were getting murdered down our right with Mo there, Klopp could have got Mo & Sadio to change positions though.

I feel as I am a stuck record with my comments after games.

1. No help for Trent
  2. High line being beaten by 1 simple pass
  3. Allowing players to cut inside
  4. No movement in possession
  5. Forwards static and no interchange of positions

For me our press is so disjointed it needs to be stopped, as we are running a lot with no success and then are too tired to move offensively.

We miss a player like Stevie G, who would change the game with an injection of pace either with the ball or more often with quick passing using 1 - 2’s when we have looked at our best that is what we do with Bobby as the fulcrum but he is too deep and when he does receive the ball the runs are too late if at all.

Need a big change up in tactics

2 Likes