Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 4/3/21 8.15pm)

Me too. Hate VAR. No doubt we’ve had more decisions against us than for us this season, but I feel focus on this has taken away from other factors

1 Like

Penalty or not the team has lost five straight home games. No open play goals this year. Form is dreadful since Christmas. The football and results is inexcusable.

Refereeing at times has been disgraceful but it doesn’t hide how bad this team has been. We should have more points on the table without question. But the team needs to improve now. Not tomorrow.

6 Likes

In first half, so many obvious offsides. Many of them were over 3 yards off but play cotinues, and Fab and co have to sprint back to defend, and only then the flag goes up.

I understand the new rules, but when it’s a mile offside, what is the point?

Little things like that piss me off.

The other is EVERY time we skip past someone in midfield, the Chelsea player pull back. Yet no card given. If the cards came out, that tactic would stop and we would be skipping past that first player and head into Chelsea territory with Chelsea not in full 5 at back positions.

2 Likes

Not a shot on goal, invisible midfield/forwards and a serious lack of speed with our CB’s, how one expects to win matches is beyond me.

Klopp has to do some serious thinking this summer to get this right again. Henderson and Fabinho are midfielders, not CB’s, they can play there on occasion but that’s it.

BTW, Henderson and Fabinho are midfielders, not centre-halves, they can play there on a location, not for months and months.

2 Likes

Hey Klopp wants it like that! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The poor substitution was brining Ox on, offers nothing, passes the ball around like its a tik tok challenge.

Jones didn’t have a good game today, played too narrow when he should have been taking up positions on the left as Sadio was moving central.

Keita would have offered so much more as the midfield was really poor today, created little, slowed down the game too much.

1 Like

I am feeling numb. It is a painful experience watching the defending champions. I am contemplating abstaining from watching any further matches this season. I need a stiff brandy. I may take up playing tiddly winks until next season!

Why can’t we score from open play?
Taking Mo off was a wrong move by Jurgen. Should have taken Bobby off at HT.
This is beyond the Twilight Zone. It really is.

Not even voting for MOTM.

What the fuck is wrong? Yes, we’ve had more than our fair share of injuries, but I’ve never seen a Liverpool side lose so many home games in one season. Shameful and clueless the lot of them.

4 Likes

Dunno why Keita didn’t come on with Jota, hope he starts on Sunday if not then what’s the point.

Kabak was ok tonight I thought.

1 Like

Erm, weren’t we top for a long time?

Injuries finally caught up with us last three months, allied with a stubbornness to play the same way with inferior personnel in key positions (and out of position).

Mason Mount is top drawer. Remember watching a Derby game when everyone was raving about Wilson after scoring a great goal…but Mount was clearly a different gravy

Awful start to finish. No shots on target really says it all and we never looked like scoring.

That said…

A year ago today my anxiety bottomed out because I thought the season was getting voided which resulted in me taking a two-month break from football. If you had told me then that we’d win the League but that this season would be shit, I probably would have taken it. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Deserved nothing from the game.
We could and should have taken the lead with Mane but he’s just not flying at the moment…it would have been a completely different game in that case.

From that moment on, it was a game decided by the pressing. Ours was ethereal, they just passed around it with such ease, and it seemed totally disorganized from us-that sent Chelsea on dangerous counters. At the same time, we couldn’t get into danger zone, were simply closed out. That was reflected in 2 shots to 6 and 0 on target to 2. And of course the goal, simply too easy. Had it been us attacking, whoever would make the move would have been closed by a second defender…

2nd half was more lively, but still something lacking close the end of every attack. Simply put, deserved nothing from the game.

Yet another time when results look favourable and we play a direct rival with the chance to get back to a good table position, and we manage to worsen our position.

Really tough to watch, but watch it I will, as we rise together and we fall together…

2 Likes

I’ve got used to it.

8 Likes

I have a sneaking suspicion that Klopp is pissed off at Salah for all of the rumors about him wanting out.

1 Like

Abject.

Beginning to think the treble is beyond us.

15 Likes

IMO he was our best player over 90 minutes.

Also, forgot to ask this in the match thread, why no Tsimikas on the bench? Is he hurt or is he that shit that he can’t get any minutes?

It bugs me more that the thumbnail is the wrong album than it did watching today’s match

6 Likes

If Klopp could play the same back four for a few games in a row, it would help a lot. But that hasn’t happened since ages, and doesn’t look likely to happen in the near future.

1 Like

I’m sure someone made that deal with the devil, saying that not sure why it was all good up to Palace.

There is dropping off which we had done on occasions up to then and there is falling off a cliff.

2 Likes

It’s on Klopp. Change it.