Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 4/3/21 8.15pm)

Agree.

Klopp making big call to take off Salah, but then to also put on Ox which weakened our midfield for the umpteenth time. Love Ox as a person, and super bad luck with injuries, but now doesn’t offer anything at all.

1 Like

I’m not upset with the performance, I’m just brokenly disappointed :frowning:

1 Like

Why keeping playing a high line when the other team has so much pace, it just baffles me. And why sub off Mo when he’s been effective and not sub off Bobby instead? Fab shouldn’t have let Mount go inside for that goal, that’s just schoolboy defending, I think He should’ve played in midfield instead of at the back. I would much rather have Phillips and Kabak since you are not really going to get quicker with Fab. Why waste his him at CB. Plus he’s not the quickest to being with, he’s excellent in reading plays and intercepting balls but 1v1 he’s not very good.
For the whole game we were just passing the ball on the outside and not really penetrating. Bobby couldn’t link up the play today and was really non existent. He should’ve been the one subbed off for Jota not Mo. I felt Mo had more impact than Mane, at least his pace was constantly threatening for the Chelsea backline. I would’ve put Jota on the middle but interchange with Mo and Mane to confuse their marking. All three of them have the ability to beat defenders and it would’ve cause more havoc then staying status quo. Chelsea Def was just too comfortable, and their pressing was non stop, our setup just left too much room for them to harass our backline, and for them to play over the top balls hence their goal.
It’s unbelievable a club with our stature have loss 5 in a row at home. That’s inexcusable. I’ve been saying it for a few weeks now, yes the injuries no question has played a big part in our dismal season. However, I think our squad needs a big refresh to reenergize that hunger and desire to win trophies again. I understand the players after busting ass every game for the last three season it’s hard to pickup and get going again. But there’s an expectation when you put on our famous Red Jersey. For the most part I think the players haven’t been up to standard.

I’m a Glass Full kinda guy, and I still think we’ll get top 4.

YNWA

We were. Maybe inconsistent would have been a better word to use. Streaky, inconsistent, just sort of squeezing by.

“Erm”, I get you’re being a super fan Worgan, that’s your routine, but there’s a difference between supporting and simply having your head buried in the sand.

I bet you’re just festively plump as well. :wink:

Salah not happy at being taken off. Shaking his head as walked to bench. But 5 mins ago Klopp was screaming at him to track back & help out defensively, he was a long way off. Bit of a half hearted jog. Klopp turned to Ljinders almost straight away & they discussed replacing him

6 Likes

It was a shambles all over the pitch. Every time Chelsea went forward, especially in the first half, they looked like scoring. Their pace up front caused us all sorts of problems, Fabinho looked like he had lead in his legs. We didn’t cause Mendy one problem the whole game!! Again, I didn’t agree with the substitutions. What did it achieve taking Salah and Jones off??
We deserved nothing out of that game and got nothing.

6 Likes

Interesting, I missed that. Thought he was our best player tonight. Was trying to make things happen

Of course it would help. But that’s not the situation and this team is better than that nonetheless. Secondly, FSG did next to nothing to sort the problem in January. Woeful.

Nice bit of scapegoating… ignores Bobby and Thiago losing possession constantly all game and not tracking runners.

3 Likes

The subs baffled me.
Ox is finished as a top level player and milner? Not likely to grab a goal.

2 Likes

Its also about trying to stop things from happening. If he wasn’t pulling his weight than Klopp has every right to sub him.

Maybe explains why Firmibo stayed on.

1 Like

Milner made sense for Thiago but only if Keita had come on for Jones.

Jota looked lively and that’s the brightest spark.

1 Like

Me too. But Phillips injured himself before the match. Our typical rotten luck again.

Also where is Davies?

That is what had me tearing at my fro, no way Ox gets in the team ahead of Keita, hell Shaquiri doesn’t pull up trees but offers more.

1 Like

Milner added some much needed bite in midfield I thought but far too late. Heads had gone by then.

Something fundamentally wrong up front though.

5 Likes

I’m just shell shocked these past few months. Even with injuries to our defense we had a very powerful offense at one time. WTF happened? Don’t get me wrong, I’m still supporting our Boys 100%, but this demise is really hard to watch. I imagine the Boys are feeling pretty fucked too! Oh well, I figure there’s always 21/22 season to retake our rightful place on top of the PL!

He’s a bit like Anderson Arroyo. He doesn’t actually exist.

7 Likes

Didn’t write the text. Came from twitter.