Post match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (EPL 18/9/21 3pm)

Very happy with three points. With the never played before back 4, clean sheet was a surprise. But, Alisson has a huge credit for that. Makes things so simple, but we would have even drawn the game without him despite scoring 3. Crystal Palace déjà vu eh?

Henderson was an absolute beast. He dictated the game and indirectly was involved in all our attack. Salah mane looked sharp and hungry. Glad both of them got their goals. Tsimikas put in a good shift, very good going forward. Konate’s first game and he gets a clean sheet. And finally Naabyy lad! So happy he finally got a goal and what a thunder it was. Hope signs of things to come.

We look sharp. We have depth and we have players who are hungry, competitive and have a point to prove. And we have fans now to push them if they need. I am incredibly optimistic and happy right now
:star_struck: :grin: :partying_face:

16 Likes

The announcers of the feed I watched said the match was closer than the score indicated. Hard to see it that way, especially after the last twenty minutes of the first half when Palace were lucky to only concede one. Very crisp football from us, especially in that period. I thought the midfield was just outstanding today. Quickly moving the ball, cutting off counters. And that ageless Milner.

5 Likes

Not comfortable for a long time, but never really in doubt. Zaha was kept quiet. Obviously delighted for Mané and Naby after recent criticism for both.

My motm was Alisson who made some really important saves at the start of the game and after the first goal.

3 Likes

Alisson mom. Was class today.

7 Likes

Top of the fucking league boys and girls :slight_smile:

10 Likes

In light of this prediction, I’m going to go further and say, with Harvey out, Naby is going to finally show what he’s got…

9 Likes

Get in Naby Lad! Hopefully it is a springboard

11 Likes

Huge huge win! Usually have a European hangover…

Even better shitty dropped points.

9 Likes

We rode our luck at times.
How Hendo and Milner managed not to pick a red :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

:notes: We ain’t got no money we’re still gonna win the league :notes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Favourite moment of that match was definitely Naby’s deadpan celebration after belting in the 3rd.

City dropping points is the icing on the cake there.

Robbo got a rest, ibou looks a beast, Milner evergreen.

14 Likes

Looked too tight for my taste all day - they turned it into a stroll in the end. Courtesy an on point MOTM performance by Ally.

With this line up it borders on trolling. Cheeky Kloppo.

Totally over the moon for Naby. Hopefully another booster to his confidence.

Motm : Allison with a capital A , Mo and Virgil.
Celebration of the season this far: Naby “wtf just happened” Keita

10 Likes

We’re yiu watching Aussie feed.

Well fought match. Milner my motm. Tsimikas played well as Konate. 3-0 is best we can ask.
Congratulations toMane for his 100 goal.

1 Like

Pretty flat but that’s how champions are made

1 Like

Hopefully Thaigo is only out for a week or so. Can’t be having another injury season surely!?!

3 Likes

Even considering the one where he was almost caught out (but then recovered well), Alisson demonstrated why he’s the best in the world.

1 Like

Great match from the boys, terrific game for Mane, and he looked very good today. The team had to weather the storm in certain stretches of the game, but overall he had total control. Once Mo put the second one in, the 3pts was sealed.
I thought Konate played really well. Looked really assured 1v1 and probably saved a few goals with his quickness in his recovery run. A few dodgy moments at the beginning of the game with VVD but otherwise put in a really good shift. Milly need really well covering for TAA and in general kept Zaha quiet. Also, Tsimakas played extremely well too, quite impressed with his crossing ability and his delivery of the ball.
Overall great game, and it was awesome seeing the crowds at A field cheering on the boys.

Time to play the squad players for the league cup mid-week.

YNWA

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say it was flat. It wasn’t a vintage display but we were better side.

1 Like

Ah yes, Ibou looked good. Was looking forward to him getting his first run-out. Great first performance and will only get better with the best coaching staff, goalkeeper and center back in the world next to him.

7 Likes