Post match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (EPL 18/9/21 3pm)

Highlight of the day??

Naby’s rocket, of course.

A close second?? Discovering that Mo’s Reg Grundy’s have the number 11 on them.

LFC-issued banana hammocks…class.

4 Likes

how did he play

Ugly bellybutton.

Looks a bit like a fanny in the first one…

Remember when everyone was saying Mo was a failed PL player after we spunked 35m on him??

I do.

lol

8 Likes

Deserves a bollocking for the yellow card. Tough love.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing, but I thought people would know I’m a pervert.

2 Likes

We already do.

4 Likes

I’m so chuffed after today I don’t mind the fact that my eldest is making me watch Bing before bedtime.

It just feels settled this year…

That perception is probably skewed by how bad we were at times last year…but meh…top of the league.

Any cunts lurking…suck it.

3 Likes

Got buddied off a couple of times was saved by Alisson reflexes but a good match to learn from

2 Likes

The only people who deserve a bollocking are the ones who decided on this stupid rule! The only time you should get a yellow is if you celebrate by streaking

1 Like

Like what I’m seeing so far. This is typical early season under JK. Not playing brilliantly but getting the results. Another clean sheet. Palace will take points off the top 4 this season so this was a really good win in the circumstances.

3 Likes

I think sometimes the way teams get in behind us gets overstated in its importance. In football, if you close one thing down it means something else is open. The way we play, that open door is in behind us, but we’re content to allow that knowing our back 4 are fast and Ali is very capable of coming out and sweeping. It looks scary, but its one of those things were willing to accept. Sometimes it requires Ali to bail us out, but that’s his job and doing it well is sometimes part of earning a win and deserving the win. You’re not lucky when your keeper contributes…you’ve just been smart to go and get yourself a top keeper.

With all that said, I was impressed with palace today. they legitimately made things difficult for us and in a way that wasnt just about packing the box and being negative. Rather than worrying about not looking great and being “lucky”, I’d frame it as taking home a comfortable win against a seemingly emerging side who themselves played well. We sometimes forget that there are highly paid professionals and international footballers in the other shirt. Too often we seem to think that a game that doesnt look like men against boys is a reflection of us not playing well. That disregards that the opposition is allowed to have good players who put in good performances.

5 Likes

There’s no shame in it!!!

Yep. Its not just 1 goal conceded. But 1 goal that only goes in once in a 100 times.

3 Likes

Pretty decent showing I thought…

Multiple changes from the usual lineup and we ended up scoring 3, conceding none, picking up 3 points. Job done.

Palace came to play and if not for Alisson the result might have been very different.

I wondered how we’d fare given the number of changes. Was very impressed.

Tsimikas did well and Konate had a decent debut.

But for Thiago’s injury it was a good day.

We may not have splashed a lot of cash during the transfer season…looks like we may not have needed to.

League cup next…

let’s get it done.

YNWA

What a sight…what joy!!!

He’s got one of the deepest linear alba grooves Ive ever seen.

When Jota missed his sitter I thought Bobby would have buried that.

Everton getting spanked I’d a cherry on the icing. :nerd_face:

2 Likes