Post match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (EPL 18/9/21 3pm)

Hope Thiago isn’t out for long

1 Like

I thought for me he was the best player in the 1st half, he controlled and dictated play and the liability of a foul at the ned of the 1st half was a foul he never touched him!!!

Tackles were no different than Milly’s and the one at the end of the 1st half wasnt a foul, but I agree he for me was our best player in the 1st half.

1 Like

Really outstanding post start to finish @Limiescouse. Could not agree more. You nailed it on several levels.

And Palace will definitely sneak up on teams this year. This isn’t Roy’s setup anymore.

EDIT: @El_Dorado Peacock runs a Sky feed, you had Stephen Warnock doing color commentary. I’m not sure who the play by play guy was.

1 Like

Game of the day on sky right now .

Good to see we scored 3 ugly goals (Keita’s was a great strike to be fair) when we usually spend the whole game trying to score perfect goals.
Alisson. Milner and Tsimikas my picks for MOTM. James Milner is fucking horrible and that’s why he’s one of my favourite LFC players of all time.
Hope Thiago’s ok, really struggling to walk when he went off.

1 Like

Who got the offal Mom??

Credit where credit is due, Vieira has made a serious team of them. I’d rather watch that match than 10 of the type Hodgson served up. Against an ordinary keeper, that could have been a very different match.

Was a little nervous with some of the defensive errors, there were two moments where another ref (esp. in Europe) could have called a penalty, one on Tsimikas and one on Konate. However, I thought the ref was calling contact pretty consistently, and either of those would have stood out.

OTOH, Palace hold at set pieces in a way that would make Burnley blush.

Best game from Mane in a while, Klopp seems to be trying to play him back into prime form.

8 Likes

Play by play was Seb Hutchinson never heard of him.

1 Like

I was watching the NZ feed and the commentators were saying the same thing, which I actually agree with (that the score maybe didn’t reflect how close the game was in parts). It was a nervy game for me until we scored the second.

The most annoying thing was the commentators (1 in particular) kept willing Palace to score and was constantly banging on about how unlucky they were not to score.

How did we manage to keep the clean sheet? Ali and the posts with my laundry time during the match :sweat_smile:!

Stressful and high heart rate match for me (with the smart watch recording to prove this!).

Difficult to pick the 3 players, but here they are in no particular order:

• Ali: Amazing saves with a tiny sprinkle of luck.
  • Millie: Giving absolutely everything in the RB position. His link-up with Hendo and Mo were some spectacles.
  • Mo: Score goals, assist (that was some free header by great running into space) for Sadio’s 100th. His defensive work (also last match against AC Milan) really caught my eyes.

Big shout out to Hendo, what a beast today controlling the mid and front right. Sadio continues to give headaches to the opposition defense. Also, TBH, I picked Tsimi instead of Ali before re-watching the match.

2 Likes

What GIF

cheers

2 Likes

Great result in the end and well deserved. Was very surprised to see Konate start, especially without our first choice fullbacks in the line-up, be he was very impressive.

Tsimikas is a great back-up for Robbo, but does give me the shits sometimes, for example the defensive corner he managed to flick a header on which really should have been headed straight out for a throw.

Really hope Jota can find his mojo from the start of last season. He made a poor decision to let the ball bounce at the start of the match in our box. And surely his miss from 4 yards was easier to score!

Didn’t matter at the end of the day,3 points and top of the table. Boom.

What can you say about Keitas goal ? Absolutely superbly taken and brilliant celebration.

3 Likes

After watching the game in full I thought we played well first half,lost our way in the second and had one or two scares but stood our ground and scored two more goals, Klopp with 6 changes today and used all 5 subs in midweek is really using the squad. Well done all round, onwards and upwards only 33 more wins to go.

5 Likes

Edited that now. Commentators were saying how “unlucky” Palace were not to score.

Two shots on target.

You choose; We win 5-2 or 3-0, based on chances. It’s a tough call all around, no?

2 Likes

I’m a bit upset :sob:

I just went to the official store and can find Mo’s underwear for sale.

Closest I could find (and no option to add number)

12 Likes