Post match: Liverpool v Derby County (ELC 9/11/22 8pm)

Man of the match
  • KELLEHER
  • RAMSEY
  • PHILLIPS
  • GOMEZ
  • TSIMIKAS
  • BAJCETIC
  • OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • CLARK
  • FRAUENDORF
  • CARVALHO
  • STEWART
  • ELLIOTT
  • FIRMINO
  • NUNEZ
  • DOAK

0 voters

Can’t be arsed doing the subs. My fucking stream went down three pens in.

1 Like

That was fun seeing that Doak play :+1::+1:

9 Likes

Posted at 22:0922:09

Into the last 16

Teams in the last 16 draw of the Carabao Cup on Thursday (Manchester United host Aston Villa on Thursday):

Bournemouth

Lincoln City

Burnley

Leicester City

MK Dons

Charlton Athletic

Gillingham

Brighton

Newcastle United

Nottingham Forest

Southampton

Blackburn Rovers

Wolves

Liverpool

Manchester City

1 Like

Klopp out :rofl:

1 Like

Boring game but a good win, the kids deserved it.

Bobby Clark had a good game in the middle.

Ramsay looks top class, he won every footrace and every physical battle.

Scotland are going to have some right wing with him and Doak. Doak is just brilliant to watch, worth the admission fee alone.

Kelleher MOTM. That 3rd penalty save was incredible. That’s why I named my dog after him. Legend.

15 Likes

Maybe Doak gets a start in the next round

3 Likes

Final ball just wasn’t there for us tonight, but some promising performances from Ramsay, Frauendorf and Doak. And King Caoimhin of course.

Feels funny to say given we’ve only played one game against a league one side and failed to score, but that’s Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham all out already, so we’ve a decent chance of retaining the cup.

4 Likes

Very nice little game. All these kids did themselves proud against a sturdy, if somewhat agricultural Derby side. The lads should have put it to bed during the ninety minutes, but whatever… the win is more than deserved.

MoM: Kelleher of course. Three super-saves in the penalty shoot-out! :+1:

8 Likes

Good entertainment and a good game for the young and fringe players. I didn’t really care if we went out before the game but with their anti football and stupid songs I really wanted to knock them out. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

I fucking hate these games. They’ll always turn up with that lad from the Umbrella Academy playing upfront, one of them will be on loan from Everton and/or have an ex-Liverpool youth player up front. Their fans will give out shit about our atmosphere, as if they expect to be treated in the same manner as Real Madrid. Then they’ll do something to the tune of Sloop John B, and sing the Gerrard slip song, which will be enough for the commentary to describe the as ‘a credit’ to the club. The same commentary guaranteed to totally ignore that the average of our team is 15.

Fuck these games. I hate them.

6 Likes

Why hasn’t Ben Doak been on the pitch this season before now?

3 Likes

Kelleher 100% ^-^

Yeah, we needed this. I understand and respect those who point to congested fixtures and injuries, but we really do need more competative games that are not super important (like the league and UCL) to match a few players from our first team and give the reserves we might need some real competitive games. Also, winning is good for the team. We need good mojo, we really need good vibes. God knows that the team have struggled with bad vibes lately. And mentality is so important.

So yes, this was perfect. And such a nice story for Kelleher who certainly wants to win another title ! :smiley: :heart: :clap:

4 Likes

Because he’s 16? :rofl:

6 Likes

Kelleher obvious man of the match there.

We need games like this to try out the younger players. A few looked decent. Doak impressed but Ramsey looks nearer the finished article. I hope we see him rotating with Trent later in the season.

8 Likes

Shoutout to Elliot too, superb performance off the bench.

6 Likes

Because this is our first domestic cup game. :neutral_face:

1 Like

lol - away fans from a provincial club also love singing the national anthem at us these days. Very witty and hilarious.

Posh commentator always coming out with “the away fans making themselves heard!!1” and “could this be a result they’ve been dreaming of?!” in an EFL 3rd round tie ffs.

I think I might just watch these games on silent in future.

3 Likes