Post Match: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 20/2/21 5.30pm)

17 games lost since the restart…? Can’t wait for the break. A lot of work needed in the summer but confident that we have the best guy to do it…

1 Like

You’ve come to the wrong place, then.

9 Likes

The Penalty decision was a disgrace, he never even bothered looking at it. The Ref was shocking but sure whats new, we were worse. Shockingly bad. They simply defended in numbers and we had no answer but snails pace pedestrian football in front of them.
To be brutally honest I’m numb at the moment.

7 Likes

It wasn’t a penalty.

We still would have lost. Could have played another 90 mins and not scored. Give me a break.

6 Likes

Anyone who thinks that fairness exists needs to look at the “penalty” over and over.
It kills the game.
Poor as we are, that decision has fucked us over. If you cannot see that then I am truly perplexed.

No excuse for losing, but you cannot compete if equity isn’t observed.

4 Likes

Bullshit, if anything it should make us far more angry and desirous for a goal. It did neither. The ref DID NOT ROB US, we lost because we played really badly and didn’t score.

10 Likes

Precisely!

We spend all our time talking about refs and VAR. Next we’ll blame global warming!

Our game has not evolved sufficiently, or even developed to something competitive in the new climate we find ourselves.

We seem to trot out the same thing, game after game…

2 Likes

As I said in the match thread. Today we had to play with our sixth and seventh choice centre backs. If you think other teams have had to deal with the adversity we’ve faced, you are being stupid.

4 Likes

Played most the game with our 6th and 7th choice CBs. Really no way to expect success with that.

Inability to score remains a bit of a mystery, although there is no doubt it is in part because of the team attempt to cover for the revolving door of CB pairings

If you can’t see that we wouldn’t have scored regardless, I think you’re blinkered pal. The penalty was just rubbing salt in the wound. Our creativity was non-existent. There was no goal coming.

5 Likes

I’m sick to my stomach and my heart! Christ, these past few games have been a disaster. I’m just not seeing a Championship team anymore. Yes, we had injuries, but our front three have been healthy yet can’t score consistently. There’s no forward push, fast break, it’s always hold up, pass back and forth hope for an opening, and then if we get one, the kicking is shit!

1 Like

It seems as though teams know exactly how to play Liverpool. Get 10 men behind the ball, make it difficult, hope for some luck, goalkeeper on fire and you stand a chance.

2 Likes

No, the high defense line hasn’t done any good so far without suitable players. In addition, Firmino sucks and needs to be benched next match. I would move Salah to the central and play Shaqiri on the right -switch to 4-2-3-1 with a deeper backline.

Expected goals had us at 1.6, so the goal could definitely have been scored without the ref killing the game.

1 Like

Because we should continue with the same formation and tactics as it has worked for us before and opposition managers definitely haven’t worked out an effective way to play against us. Just keep going with the same thing and eventually it will work.

Why instead of needing one goal to salvage something you now need two how is that not irrelevant.

To much information.

At this point,6 more wins in the right competition has us celebtating again.I think we can do it.

4 Likes

Just press the reset button for next season. We have a makeshift team of the walking wounded mentally and physically.

The referee is a right “insert your favourite swear word here”. He was relishing giving that penalty and it killed off the game. I really, really hate his guts.

10 Likes

Can we get this “killed the game” idea quashed please? Going 1 down to Everton should have lit a fire under us. Going 2 down to a shit decision should have turned us into berserkers. It did neither. We did nothing at all to pull it back. Bringing Origi on, fuck me senseless.

1 Like