Post Match: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 20/2/21 5.30pm)

Penalty or no penalty, it doesn’t make any difference to the result. No point in analysing it to death.

2 Likes

Blinkered?
Good one.

They have. That’s why we lost 4 matches in a row.

It matters little if its our 10th CD. Its still an excuse!

We need to make a success of what we have.

Every other team, to different degrees is playing with handicaps.

They are adjusting, yet we seem incapable of doing so…

You spent the better part of the year making the stupid point of us having 4 CDs.

You never seem to tire of excuses!

1 Like

I feel like we really need Hendo in midfield for that to work

Dude, it will be the topic du jour on here until the next game when someone else from the cabal fucks us.

I’m with you, I can’t be fecked either.

2 Likes

Mad to think it was nine weeks ago to the day that we beat Palace 7-0 :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Shite day.

A bit worried that we’re not creating good goal scoring chances either to be honest. There were a couple of halfish ones today but didn’t really get close.

Time for a leaf out of Evertons book. Lets release a DVD of shit refereeing decisions in the 20/21 season. Should be enough material for a double edition. This one should be near no. 1

3 Likes

You genuinely believe Liverpool were going to score in those last ten mins if not for the pen? just like against Burnley? or Brighton? or every other duff team that has turned up at Anfield, sat back and dealt with our non-existent attack with ease this season.

7 Likes

Season needs writing off. Just see if we can win the CL. Its a tournament, it suits us as teams have to win and not play 10 behind the ball. Concentrate on getting our core team fit and well. Then lets critique Thiago when he’s in position playing in a role that suits him more, when Fabinho is in position, Hendo in position oh and not injured, Jota is back, VVD is back, Gomez is back.

TBH its a fucking miracle we came through that game with us just losing our captain, this is a shitty team of fouling cunts I detest Everton’s style of play. Don’t forget they’re the reason we’ve spun into this cycle, them and no one else.

Gerrard was asked out of Manchester United and Everton which would he prefer to beat most. He couldn’t decide, friggin Everton for me.

1 Like

We did create a lot of half-chances which was a positive but just couldn’t finish them off and are then open at the back, the pace of Gomez, VVD and even Matip is sorely missed against the long punt upfield from the opposition. Saying that I couldn’t understand our high line especially on goal kicks, having to run backwards to head the ball is stupid, you should be attacking it.

2 Likes

Man, lots of new members posting here. Can’t think why.

4 Likes

Don’t wanna hear about the ref. We are our own worse enemies at the minute

2 Likes

I think we could’ve played until midnight and not scored.
Those of you, on here, who live on the other side of the world, count yourselves lucky tonight. Everton have just won their Cup Final and I’ve got to live here amongst the twats.

9 Likes

I remember that day well, I was sitting in a pub with pints of Guinness and all was well with the world.

Pints… I miss them…
St Patricks Day Party GIF by Guinness US

3 Likes

I mean, we can even consider switching to defense & counter-attack tactic with lower formation next match and it won’t be worse. If anything, we will get more real chances from counter-attacks that relentlessly bashing our heads into the wall.

At 0-1 the game is there to be won and we are piling pressure on. A goal looks like it is coming.

At 0-2 the game is over, and there is nothing for us.

I don’t understand this idea that games of football are discreet isolated events. If that penalty is overturned, there is every chance we go on and score.

10 Likes

For once I’m delighted to be in lockdown…

4 Likes

There’s no excuse for staying that one of our problems is our horrific injury situation. It’s an explanation.

3 Likes

We can’t win if we don’t score. Yes,the ref is Mancunian cunt but haven’t lost because of it.
Our front three went from the best to ordinary. Bobby has been terrible the last year or two.
Our midfield not aggressive enough. Phillips did well today hopefully Klopp trust him to start
and move Hendo or Fabinho back to midfield.
Glad no fans in the stand

1 Like