Post Match: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 20/2/21 5.30pm)

Takeaways after tonight’s result.

1. Refs are, were and will be bent.This is getting beyond ridiculous now.
  2. This season is over. Do not want Europa League. Would rather put in all to win the Champions League. If we couldn’t just concentrate on league next season.
  3. Never play midfielders as CB’s. That’s make matters worse as its effectively losing 4 players.
  4. Don’t make Kabak signing permanent. We need far superior CB’s than him.
  5. Rest Bobby for few games. Play Mane or Salah through the middle and Shaq on the flanks.
  6. Give that lad Davies a chance next to Nat. We have nothing to lose and if he comes good that’s 30 million saved.
  7. Front 3 domination is coming to an end and at some speed. Bobby has been dire for months nowand Mane isn’t far behind either. Needs a shake up. Don’t think Mbappe or Haaland will be joining us if we don’t qualify for Champions League and that’s the worrying part.
7 Likes

Pressure but not a single clear goal-scoring chances. All the final passes missed their marks by some degree.

1 Like

Sorry, no. We wouldn’t have scored today with £10,000 cash in a cheap brothel. We did nothing to improve after the first goal nor second.

2 Likes

Worst period I’ve ever seen us play, bring on the next CL game, can’t be fucked with the league anymore.

3 Likes

I have to say Salah’s fall/dive was embarrassing. He didn’t need to do that, he is better than that.

6 Likes

Name me another team that has played with anything close to the injury list we’ve had. Or had the decisions we’ve had.

Calling out another poster for ‘excuses’ when this side on the bones of its arse, is fucking shithouse.

That we played the majority of that game with our sixth and seventh choice centre backs us not an ‘excuse’. It’s a fucking reason.

6 Likes

Worse possible start with a goal in the first couple of minutes, especially more so with the way Everton set up - no front man but only Richarlison on his own. After that was a rinse and repeat of trying to break down a team will men behind the ball. We failed again Groundhog Day style.

The wind in the first half did not help, but Kabak with another mistake for the goal by being caught ball watching. Bobby has been out of form, but he usually at least does something in the game. Today was nothing though. Salah is our top scorer, so we should’ve pushed him on the shoulder of the Everton back line to cause some uncertainty for them, rather than being positioned wide right all game.

Another injury with Jordan Henderson. Hopefully won;t be out too long. Here in the forum, a lot of us have been shouting to get him back into midfield by playing Nat Phillips back there. Well Nat will now be there, but seems like no Jordan in midfield. One step forward, two back.

As for the second goal, I thought it was not a pen. Sliding in, and the Everton player looking for the pen. Was watching on NBC. They were 100% certain it as not only a penalty, but also should’ve been a red to TAA as they claim he raised his leg when he saw DCL tring to jump him (yeah right). VAR tells ref to watch on TV, but I feel it was more a case of communist style rubber stamping a decision to make it out like it was reviewed.

Also in the first half, many tactical fouls by Everton on ball transitions which were unpunished by the ref. Diabolical yellow card to Kabak and Mane for first time foul in latter case, and for the latter for what can only be described as getting pushed around by the Everton defender. But still, we were not good enough overall.

We did have some nice crossing positions, but needed more runners in the box. Needed to be braver.

1 Like

Fully agree. Add to that: switch to 4-2-3-1 and play Jones as No.10.

1 Like

The penalty is not a penalty…However, we could play another 90 mins and still not score. That is how poor we were even before the penalty.

I am very puzzled. Why does Klopp continues to play his best midfielder in the defence despite getting Kabak and Davies in? If anything is to go by, we should be falling back to the basics by playing players in their proper positions. Let our DMs do what they do best by screening the defence. I have also no idea as to why Nat Phillips ain’t starting against these thugs who relies on long balls more than us…

Let’s hope we win the UCL or it will be a very harsh inquest from FSG on the entire coaching and fitness team and the scouting department as well.

2 Likes

“The pressure was on”

You must have been watching a different game to me. Honestly.

Nowhere near good enough. Just not scoring let alone keeping them out. That said the refereeing was a disgrace. Need to find some form fast with the season very much a wash but there’s still plenty to play for and win.

Yeah agreed. My point was that we could (not would) have scored in the last few minutes if given a fair chance still fight for it. Everton had just those long balls towards the left corner flag nothing else.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of stats, but our xG was something like 1.7. We created chances a couple of decent ones.

2 Likes

I disagree unless he goes down he’s getting nothing.

1 Like

You seem chronically incapable of proper thought to understand basic issues.

Its not the length of the injury list. Its your ability to adapt.

Our game has not adapted to the circumstances we find ourselves in. And we trot out the same things game after game…

Never said we would score
But surely you understand that the penalty decision finishes the match? Surely?

1 Like

Even among the CBs, he could have selected Nat or Davies and push Hendo to midfield. Or at least, stop using Kabak from next match - he could not handle the pace of Premier League, just like the RB Lepzig defenders last Wednesday.

1 Like

Werner was to be instead of firms … too bad it went sideways.
Also, way too many injuries not even mad about it.
Also, I lol at that pen, but am not surprised.

This busy schedule obviously hits us badly, because we are a high intensity pressing team and always at rist to more tears. Klopp adapted once for the PL, but in this season our best hope is Europe. I just hope our players, or the rest of them can stay fit.

I’m not saying that it didn’t influence the game, but if we focus our ire on the penalty decision, bad as it was, we are in danger of missing the point. The point being that we don’t look like scoring a goal in a month of Sundays. Chances, yes, perhaps half ones, but no cigar.

Let’s hope, we can win the rest of our games to salvage the season somehow and our rivals slip up as well.

4 Likes