Post match: Liverpool v Everton (EPL 24/4/22 4.30pm)

Richarlison faking an injury. He’s looking at the play continue. Tries to play chicken with the ref by staying down. Realises the ref ain’t gonna stop it, so after an age lifts his head.

See his team mate get stop play by kicking out. Then Richarlison immediately lays down again to conitnue to milk it.

11 Likes

He’s a wanker.

2 Likes

An eloquent description…

3 Likes

And well thought out also.

2 Likes

Just like that Darwin Nunez in the Benfica match, Anthony Gordon is a bit of a diver. Collapses at the slightest contact.

3 Likes

Yep…a bee’s fart…

1 Like

3 votes - Robbo
2 - Div
1 - Ali

Seeeeee ya Everton!

4 Likes

It’s all a bit desperate isn’t it. The time wasting. The feigning injury. The imaginary cards. The diving.

I’ve no problem with teams sitting deep and hitting the channels. Set up how you want lads. But I draw the line at cheating, and Everton Fan should be ashamed at that display. If they think they are even in vicinity of being our equals they need to think again, cos that reminded me of a League One side coming to Anfield and trying to find ways to level it up.

18 Likes

The problem wasn’t them though was it? They’re entitled to their game plan. But no yellow for richarlison in the first half and only 2 mins extra time. That was a disgrace

11 Likes

Can’t let Origi leave now. It’d be like some dark movie where things just go pear shaped here on in, like when a skull is moved from the library and the mansion gets destroyed in a fire.

4 Likes

Have been trying to condense my thoughts after that frustrating match and not make an emotional post toward Everton, but this quoted part sums up how I feel. I am embarrassed for Everton football club, it’s players and it’s supporters. Grotesque display on so many levels. These are professional footballers, the best in the world, and that was an absolute embarrassing display. You reap what you sow and I really hope they do go down after that.

As an aside, if Pickford is England’s starter in the World Cup I almost wish England don’t even make it out of group stage. And I mean absolutely no disrespect to my England brothers and sisters here, but Pickford deserves nothing but the worst. He’s an unlikable, shithouse idiot, that also happens to be not very good at his job.

21 Likes

Robertson MotM for me and to be honest, we could have gotten a penalty going against us, Matip on Gordon.

1 Like

Nor I.

Fuck it makes me laugh but…

2 Likes

Just like our game today of two different halves, so did Jack Lusby find his form, who moved to remedy that weird “last Merseyside derby” line with the following bit:

“But with his arms not quite long enough to keep out Divock Origi‘s header as Everton went down 2-0 in the second half, it was another miserable derby for the England goalkeeper.”

Perfect! :grinning:

1 Like

I am genuinely blown away by the collective fume Everton and City fans are sharing about the officiating today, as is it was the reason Everton lost. I didn’t think it was slanted in any team’s favor, it just was what it was. If Everton asswipes want a pen for the Gordon/Matip coming together than I want one for Origi/Keane coming together. See how easy that was? Yet, neither was a pen. Frank also crying it’s “to be expected when you come here”. Fuck off.

City fans crying that “the league desperately wants a title race”.

EDIT: my MOTM votes went to Div, Robbo, and Joel.

7 Likes

The most unforgiveable foul was on hendo…richarlison deliberately forced his leg/studs onto hendo’s shin…and fatfwank never mentioned that did he…

10 Likes

It was disgusting.

5 Likes

That’s all they have.

2 Likes

Honestly, the Origi incident was more of a penalty.

They’re City fans, does anything more need to be said?

9 Likes

The playacting in that game was almost Atleti level. When that cheating twat Gordon was booked I thought fair dues the ref’s not going to put up with this shit. But no that was just a prelude for even more shenanigans.

Trent’s yellow card should actually have been a red for Gordon. Why didn’t VAR have a look at that ? There was no fucking contact whatsoever. Surely if the ref sees that then he has to give a red.

It was hard to enjoy that game because of all that shite , and surely it’s time the league got serious about eliminating it from the game.

Apart from that , I didn’t think for one minute that we wouldn’t run out winners and I sincerely hope those cheats get relegated. They deserve no less after that.

6 Likes