Post match: Liverpool v Inter Milan (UCL 8/3/22 8pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Curtis JONES
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Sadio MANE
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Naby KEITA
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Luis DIAZ

0 voters

Unused Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Milner, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi, Elliott

:arrows_counterclockwise: 65’ Naby KEITA :arrow_right: Curtis JONES :arrow_left:

:arrows_counterclockwise: 65’ Jordan HENDERSON :arrow_right: Thiago ALCANTARA :arrow_left:

:arrows_counterclockwise: 83’ Luis DIAZ :arrow_right: Diogo JOTA :arrow_left:

If we’d hit the target instead of the woodwork, nobody would be arsed about the performance.

11 Likes

Job done, so unlucky not to score a hatful. Ref was awful. Onwards and upwards.

3 Likes

Quadruple still on.

We would have won that comfortably on any other night.

This is the right game to lose, reality check, dont need that in the PL.

Inter played well, no easy walkover.

15 Likes

We’re through, that’s all that matters. No points in this game for style and execution.

1 Like

Quite bizarre refereeing.

However not quite as bizarre as whichever one of you lads always votes in the post match poll barely after kick off.

3 Likes

2 goals for Neco Williams tonight including a 25 yard volley

1 Like

We won could have had 6 and mostly kept them at arm’s length. Though Klopp should have made more changes and earlier, our front 3 were off it for most of the match and as someone said in the Pre-match, he moans about 5 subs then doesn’t use them.

2 Likes

Completely stumped as to who should get MOTM. This has never happened to me I swear, maybe I drank too much, it’s me not you.

We in theory played just above average with 8 players, but when you add the front three to the mix, we were ultra shit.

4 Likes

out fought , out played . the fact is this was a very very good team aggressive, strong and can play still we were weak especially in the midfield . good the we qualified but the wrong result and message to man city

1 Like

Not me tonight.

Please retract the ban hammer.

Great woodwork football from Salah and Matip. :joy:

Thiago MotM for me. Up to the quarter-finals. :+1:

6 Likes

And we complain about Premier League referees, rightly so sometimes. This guy tonight was appalling, the worst I’ve seen all season. That’s no excuse for our performance though, that’s two below par games now, we were lucky against West Ham.

3 Likes

Think I watched a different game to everyone else. We were dominant for most of the game, missed a bunch of chances. Hit both posts, hit the crossbar.

A guy who couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo two weeks ago rifles in a first time snap shot to the top corner from outside the box and suddenly we were lucky? Behave. Game should have been over several times before he hit that.

Should have been 3-1 to us at least. Comfortable night, unfortunately we didn;t pack our shooting boots.

Onwards and upwards.

22 Likes

Job done. On another day, we’d win this 4-1.

Inter’s gameplan was basically keep it 0-0 for as long as posible, and look to nick the goal. Good strike by them for the goal, after a misplaced Matip pass and quick turn over. The scoreline flatters them.

Ref was all over the place, giving soft yellow to the likes of Andy, and of course, following the Prem ref’s footsteps that anything can happen to Mo, and then at times giving soft freekicks, whereas other times letting strong challanges flow.

2 Likes

I would be happy if we won the final playing below our best, therefore I am happy we won this tie playing below our best.

Pretty clear that shit won’t fly in future ties, but winners are grinners and losers can support someone else.

10 Likes

We did mostly control them but were poor in the final 3rd, which is weird as I believe we had 6 good chances.