Post match: Liverpool v Inter Milan (UCL 8/3/22 8pm)

Forgot to mention, I don’t the name of the nice lady on BT sports commentating but she knows more about football and our high line than every other commentator I’ve heard in two years…

8 Likes

You say the same thing every game.

5 Likes

Is it just me or do commentators get overly excited when we concede a goal?

3 Likes

Really enjoyed these two games. Two excellent teams playing good football. Very happy to get through.

I haven’t watched much Serie A the last couple of years, so Inter were kind of unknown to me. Even though I knew most of the players, the way they played was unknown. I thought it was a really good team to watch, excellent build-up, good structure in possession, moving the ball well to break our press, tons of football IQ in that team. Brozovic is such a good midfielder, setting the tone for the whole team.

Anyway, job done. Great stuff :+1:

3 Likes

And she’s not annoying

1 Like

Do I? Interesting go post all the examples. Last 3 games we’ve been poor, we are on a mini slump in form and performance. It happens.

I’ll help you btw this was my post on the West Ham game

So maybe stop posting bullshit, or maybe you mistake me for someone else.

2 Likes

I think the talk of us being outplayed is a bit harsh. It was a competitive game (both legs were), we had our moments, they had theres, I think on balance we had more control and look more threatening. Just because we didn’t dominate doesn’t mean we were outplayed. Inter may not be what they were last season but I think we have witnessed that they are able to raise their game when they are up against the best.

2 Likes

Out fought? Erm, have you wandered into the wrong match thread?

And who cares about a message to Shitty. Unless you’re Man Utd and want to “signal your intent” in buying CR7 and Sancho for big money contract and fee.

3 Likes

Clowns in the studio saying he should not have a second yellow.

2 Likes

Missy in green…says he’s(SANCHO) pulling his leg away…sancho isnt…or am i looking at a different foul…

3 Likes

Missy…his studs are up…

3 Likes

We tried to manage the game as opposed to go for a home win. It didn’t work (on the night). Hopefully we won’t make the same mistake again. Starting Jota or at least leaving him on for so long didn’t seem like the right thing to do. But I’m sure JK is managing Luis’s game load.

Let’s just forget it and move on.

3 Likes

She obviously didn’t want LFC to win…no foul…virg not very good at defending…watch the match again m’dear…she’s a very honoured england player…but…finding every excuse to keep Sancho on the field…and not a red…Mmm…

5 Likes

He shouldn’t even have been on the pitch after the tackle on Thiago and can have no complaints about the second. Studs up on the ankle having left his foot in. These people in the studio generally leave their brain at the door no matter who they are.

16 Likes

Ultimately we won the tie, so I’m happy. If we hadn’t hit the woodwork all the time we would be talking about a routine home win.

Trent was MotM for me as he was bossing the wing all night. Special mention to Hendo who seemed to get a grip when he came on.

4 Likes

BT banging on about the second yellow. The first half yellow was a red according to UEFA guidelines for it’s competitions.

Dale Johnson in his Prem twitter thread always goes on about how an above ankle challenge in the Prem would be 100% red in the Champions League.

4 Likes

They bt studio chumps are not happy we are through.

2 Likes

Agreed, Dutch.

Thiago, Trent and Joel my 3 votes.

As for the match, I’m not quite sure how to opine what I just watched, good or bad. At the very least of course I’m disappointed in the scoreline but our boys didn’t play poorly, just ‘one of those’ strange matches IMO.

Credit Inter for the way they played. Wonderstrike from Martinez.

3 Likes

Why? It’s better for their ratings ffs!

1 Like

Completely mental. Not really biased or anything like that. Just shit. Wouldn’t give a foul in the first half, set the tone for reckless tackles, predictably lost control of the game and then started handing out cards like confetti.

5 Likes