Post Match: Liverpool v Leeds Utd (EPL 12/9/2020 5.30pm

PENALTYPOOL!!! LIVARPOOL!!! CHAMPI*NS!!!

I want to bathe in the salty tears of our rivals. Hahaha

11 Likes

Absolutely brilliant game as an opener from a neutral perspective atleast. End to end. Credit to Leeds to begin with, they will be a tough side for any team to face this season.

Leeds had analyzed our game very well, and were really well drilled and fit to play the perfect game to trouble us. Yet they felt short. They won’t against a lot of other teams, and we are done with one of the tough games of this season IMO.

On to us. Salah was absolutely dangerous, the one of couple of seasons back. The swift turn to leave past the defender hasn’t been seen for a while now, and was a stand out player in our front three. And the goals complimented the performance nicely.

Being the first game, some rustiness and sloppiness is expected, but defence can certainly improve. Defence was the reason we have won titles over the last two seasons. We used to be mean, one goal scored by us and it’s as good as the game is done and dusted. That has shaded a bit over past few games, and would be glad if that is back.

3 points is all that matters in the end, onwards and upwards!!

10 Likes

Also, I said in the pre-match that Leeds would cause us the same problems Salzburg did, but I didn’t expect literally the same result (4-3) at Anfield. If we can have a similar season to last I’ll take that.

8 Likes

We got lucky today. Sub par performance from our team. LU were impressive, but not enough to get all those goals. Bobby’s confidence in front of goal have seems to plummet. The last two seasons have raised the expectations to a new level and with it the depth of alleged “disappointments”. Happy to get all three points. 37 more wins to go.

1 Like

We won’t win the league defending like that. We have been poor at the back ever since restart. Barely kept a clean sheet and we were so open again today. Leeds are an attractive side but they are going to get a few hidings this season. Let’s not kid ourselves.

We had stacks of chances but were guilty of trying to walk it in. Bobby’s finishing these days is just pants. I don’t know what’s happened to him in front of goal. Seems to have no confidence at all. Good job Mo was on form. He was electric. Best he’s played for a long time.

It’s 3 points but there’s a lot not right at the moment that’s a continuation from the end of last season. Back 4 all over the place and we are far too easy to play through. Like the early days of the Klopp reign and although that was a fun period we didn’t win anything so it needs sorting and soon.

9 Likes

Comical defending. 3 points is 3 points. Thank Fowler for Mo

4 Likes

Exciting if stressful game to watch at times. Defensively we were poor, Gomez going walkabout, TAA looking rusty and a rare individual error from VVD for good measure. Maybe we expect too much from Alisson but he looks sluggish to me. Klopp must have concerns about the engine room to start Henderson without him playing a minute in pre-season.
I said after the last friendly that Fabinhos form worried me and bar “winning” the penalty he did nothing to dismiss those fears. We should buy Thiago, its that simple for me, freshen up the engine room with class while it’s available.
We could have scored more, they press very well and are a better side than Norwich IMO. Mo was superb, Sadio showed his class at times but Bobby (my fav player) was more miss that hit for the most part. Taki will feel aggrieved not to see some game time given how well he played in pre-season.

6 Likes

On a much more positive note from me, that was typical of the results we’ve got for the last two seasons.

You can’t outwork us for 90 minutes. We always looked like winning it in those last 15 because we were the much fresher team.

We needn’t have made it so difficult for ourselves but hopefully we will keep winning these tight games like we’ve made a habit of in recent years.

13 Likes

@MODS: PERMISSION FOR MORE LIKES PLEASE. A lot of posts I want to go back and like. Love the match day threads!

4 Likes

Leeds wankfest incoming…

7 Likes

That was close. I need a rest.

4 Likes

All joking aside, I didn’t enjoy the game at all. I never do when we concede 3 goals at home and struggle to get the points. We were never in control of the game, which is a concern and defensively, we were shocking.
On the plus side, Mo looked good.

4 Likes

What an entertaining game for the neutral. Nerve wrecking for us passionate fans. I like the way Leeds came out to play. Stuck to their philosophy to the very end. As for us, our midfield was being bypassed time and time again by Leeds, no nobody was tracking runners from behind, too many turnovers to get a handle on the game, and also sloppy defending at the back. We need to cut out those mistakes if we are to retain our title. I am sure that we will as the season progresses.

3 Likes

Get this (JFH) bloody drip head off the telly…Leeds lost get on with next game, however you win, goal, pen, you win…fight hard win hard, not…LFC shouldn’t have won, they did and they fought hard…that’s the Prem.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Alisson and Firmino have been struggling for some time now. Kinda worrying.

2 Likes

Leeds’ pressing and movement was good. While our midfield didn’t track back at times, they were usually bypassed by Leeds by the overhead balls.

On a side note, weird agenda online against Bobby. Idiots don’t know, we still value him and don’t really care for his goal returns.

2 Likes

Who’s JFH? I’m not watching

Last season it was VAR,

This season it will be penalties

the football gods must like us!

hopefully it continues, or Klopp will have his work out getting the defence back on track on that showing tonight!

3 Likes

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank…

2 Likes