Post Match: Liverpool v Leeds Utd (EPL 12/9/2020 5.30pm

They were both penalties though.

5 Likes

The Mancs got 22 pens last year, we will have to go some to beat that mate.

7 Likes

Everyone is a pundit these days. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Is it safe to unclinch my sphincter yet?

Christ that was squeaky bum sort of defending at times

1 Like

Sloppy at the back and midfield, better up front but should have taken that game away from them at 2-1 and 3-2, at least we won the 3 points it all that matters especially on the first day.

Leeds will stay up but will get hammered by some teams, glad to see Salah bright but sad to see that he was the only one.

Anyhow that’s Klopp’s 5th season and we have scored 4 in every opening game but one.

Edit: 19 for and 10 against, I also believe it’s another season in which we have scored 4 goals I believe it dates back to the 1921 season

1 Like

When I saw the score, it was 3-3. I am confused.

4 Likes

Credit to Bielsa and the half dozen Leeds players who put his plan into action. I’m not rooting for the club, but now we’ve got half of our games against them out of the way I’m going to enjoy them taking points off our rivals.

2 Likes

they had 3 weeks to prepare! any professional team with their talent would do well with that much time to “rehearse”. from here on out they have 5days for a few weeks then 2 days for several months, lets see how they do then.

despite our mental lapses, we still had a tremendous game markedly better than leeds, 22 shots on target for ffuuccks sake. i am happy with that performance! well done lads. #Igotyourback

2 Likes

Phew I was worried last night talking to my son I said I hope we just win any score will do I cannot remember but our first game last year was a bit edgy Alisson and Bobby still in party mood Thiago might freshen things up Moh was definitely stung by being overlooked for individual honors class player we need another CH to cover for Matip and Gomez injuries Fabinho like his compatriots still not come back from holiday JK will kick arse next week we need our fans back at Anfield to inspire them to new heights COYR

4 Likes

On a serious note, our journey to invincibles this season has begun.

7 Likes

bit of a tasty game, that
I wonder if Leeds will play like that against the other teams.
Our lads need to cut out the soft errors
anyway, a win, a hat-trick and 4 goals to start

2 Likes

Weird thing about the game is I expected we would have run out comfortably if we had taken a two goal lead.

How can anyone who’s a Liverpool fan be happy with this kind of sloppy performance…
We were unable to control the game for ninety minutes…

2 Likes

To be honest, it’s really nothing new, we’ve had tons of games like this. Fortunately, we’ve learned how to win them by now. * Knock on wood

8 Likes

Glad we won but fuck me w shave defo brought last seasons terrible defending into this season.

We were shit. But we won. Bailed out big time at the end.

Too many passengers.

Looks like a squad that has become too comfortable and a little too cocky / arrogant.

New blood needed to keep things fresh.

1 Like

This limitation of likes is difficult for after games posts it is impossible to limit it to 20 Why?

2 Likes

I’m getting too old for these. My heart is still racing like prime Salma Hayek has walked into my room. :grimacing:

2 Likes

My heart
My nerves
My God!
Mo Salah!!!

Klopp will sort it out!!!
He will!!!

3pts is 3pts!!!

7 Likes

Just listened to VVD’s interview. Not quite sure what to make of it…
Confident or slightly arrogant? Or something else…

I’ll just take the points on opening day. Leeds are fucking mental and there is plenty for Klopp to get his teeth into.

5 Likes