Post Match: Liverpool v Leicester (ELC 22/12/21 7.45pm)

Another bad one for Brendan that.

3 Likes

The 3 subs (not Jimmy) were my MOTMs, in no particular order. Superb.

2 Likes
11 Likes

The fans of every fucking team we play, sing that. City, Utd, Newcastle, even Wolves which is the arsehole of the world. I’d hardly describe them as Tory voters.

1 Like

Anfield voted with its voice tonight, absolutely thunderous atmosphere. That should put to bed the notion of getting this cup behind us, as insignificant as it may seem.

Another team turning up against us playing like twats with all the play acting, time wasting and general arseholery and they got what they deserved in time added on for their own antics. I mean they took 5 minutes to get the ball back in play for the Soyuncu incident and then faffed around endlessly after that (not that they weren’t before) along with niggly stuff against our boys. Their fans didn’t help themselves with their chants either, fucking idiots. Small wonder our lads were fired up with Anfield in full voice. When will teams they learn, I wonder. Just play the fucking game.

Rodgers bumbled that again but our boys still had to get it done and even though the youngsters got a running around in the first half, Leicester just could not live with us with the regulars in the squad in which shows just how deep we really are. Great result and even more sweeter against a team of cunts followed by what turned out to be a bunch of cunts on the night as well. Get the fuck in!

8 Likes

doesn’t really matter. It’s rooted in a right wing stereotype

1 Like

Absolute rubbish.

2 Likes

The subs were everything. Every player that was brought on played with everything they had, all the intensity and genuinely wanted to win. They didn’t just “go through the motions” to fill the minutes and get a jog out.

Completely sparked Anfield to life. Leicester had absolutely no ideas how to handle the moment.

6 Likes

You could tell city weren’t in the draw due to a lack of a Burton Albion in the hat tonight.

7 Likes

Dickhead Rodgers plays pretty much full strength team which has resulted in 2 of their team getting injured. He’s lucky he didn’t lose Vardy too.
Disappointing for their game against City but hopefully their still both out injured for game against us 2 days later

2 Likes

Why was Vardy not among the 6 pen takers?

I was planning to drift off to sleep in the second half sometime, but gladly the crowd kept that from happening.

Fantastic game. Naby - fuck me, such a wonderful player to watch when he’s on song.

Well done, Queevo. I hope he’ll start any/all remaining games in the tournament.

3 Likes

if you mock food poverty in the city, you get called a Tory by Scousers, I’m not sure what you want me to say.

6 Likes

apologies to my wife for been a bit grumpy during the 1st half,

all good now though…

2 Likes

There is nothing like scoring deep into the injury time that’s only there because the other team acted like bellends. So poetic.

12 Likes

Vardy had no chance of getting hurt in the second half being safely tucked away in Ibou’s pocket. I don’t say that with any arrogance bc we won, I say that very matter of fact even if we would not have won.

Vardy disappeared bc Ibou made him disappear. Completely negated and erased their forwards.

I thought he and Joe were outstanding together.

EDIT: I have Jota and Kelleher as 2 of my votes, but I’m torn who to give the 3rd to. Naby was sensational.

7 Likes

I am a scouser, born here, lived here all my life. I don’t need telling what people from Liverpool do.

your point? Go take it up with the thousands at Anfield chanting ‘fuck the tories’ most the game.

3 Likes

brendan took a huge swing and missed, now a few first team players out this festive season including vardy

4 Likes

I’ve never actually heard that chant, I’ve heard other embarrassing things but not those exact words.

1 Like