Post Match: Liverpool v Leicester (ELC 22/12/21 7.45pm)

vardy felt his hamstring, so possibly injured as well. thats why he didnt take a peno

2 Likes

we’ve been chanting it loudly several games in a row! :joy:

4 Likes

Like I said, embarrassing.

2 Likes

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see what centre backs Jurgen goes for with 2 games coming up with 48 hours between them.
Maybe both VVD and Konate against Leicester anyway

3 Likes

I saw the pen shoot out. Schmichael, what a cunt.
He’s vile.

12 Likes

Same. I needed about 4 3rd votes. All of the subs deserve a nod.

3 Likes

Happy to see, still don’t really mind but who can’t be happy coming back from 3-1 down.

3 Likes

@WooltonRed @Obanite

8 Likes

It is perverse, but I am absolutely elated about a game that I was determined not to give a crap about.

17 Likes

Makes the instant Karma all the sweeter

4 Likes

Yup I actually felt sadness at 3-1 and urged a late equaliser at 3-2, glad we went toe to toe with what is currently their strongest side.

And we were missing arguably 6 of our best players (and probably 4 of our stars).

7 Likes

Ha ha ha! Fuck off Rodgers. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Very touching fella. But mocking kids in poverty and chanting about a political party that has inflicted misery on the city of Liverpool shouldn’t be equated. Resistance is part of the city’s DNA. That community Klopp refers to is the antithesis of what they represent.

Anyway - I’ll leave it there so folk can chat the footy x

10 Likes

Really - even at the end, did we have anyone in the game who would have been in our best 11 with no injuries?

I guess Bobby… and that’s it. Keita, Jota, Konate are all knocking on the door but I don’t think they are in the first 11.

1 Like

Jota currently ahead of Bobby for me. It’s Bobby’s to win back (which I hope he can)

5 Likes

our boys are rounding off into form very nicely and at the right time

3 Likes

yep… i agree… I think until gomez gets back in rhythm, Ibou is now above him in the CB rotation

2 Likes

Toss up between Jota or Firmino. No one else in first 11. Keita having a great season but Hendo, Fab, Thiago is ruthless and relentless. Konate bedding in really well, showing some great talent but the beautiful Giraffe still has to be Virg’s first choice partner.

We might not have the depth of Citeh but our B team is better than most teams A team. Always great to be reminded of that

6 Likes

Agreed on both. But I want these boys to win everything they can while everyone is still together.

I hate to sound philosophical about EFL Cup match, but what unbelievable drama and entertainment. A match that took on a life of its own. It was impossible not to be drawn in. Over the 90 minutes telling a story, if you like, with heroes and villains, setbacks and triumphs, capped off with an unlikely hero and an unpredictable ending.

EDIT: and it must be said again, phenomenal conversation in the match thread. Even early on down 0-2 it was still fun. Not a single member gave up or said anything negative. And when posts mentioned players that weren’t playing well, I read it more as a constructive thing. Fun sharing it with community here. Ok, my last post. I need a beer. :joy::joy::trophy::trophy:

14 Likes

Surely everyone chose Ox for MOTM? Fantastic performance by him, and the team for the most part. Incredible to comeback after such a bad start. The team turned it around, and a few youth players got some major big game experience, well deserved.

On a side note, the save that the twat pulled off from Jota’s header was incredible.

On to Arse, which was my preferred tie, and preferably TH in the final. We might as well win it now.

5 Likes