Post match: Liverpool v Leipzig (UCL 10/9/21 8pm)

Michael Owen is going to be massive at 50. Looking jowly as fuck already.

6 Likes

Behaving and got my mask on

Proud Of You Yes GIF

7 Likes

Season not over yet friends. Let’s keep it going. Great performance from Fabinho in the middle of the park. Love it

3 Likes

Can we play at Puskas more often please. Phillips a monster in the air. Fabinho back to
his best position. Great to see Salah and Mane on the scoresheet. As Koop says:
Outstanding!!

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVu6nPTVbBQ

6 Likes

Cunt stream went out a minute before Salah’s first. Saw the second though. Nice cross, nice one-time finish. Where the fuck has that been all all this time?

Finally, a game in which Liverpool was Liverpool (for the most part). Time to turn it up.

3 Likes

Hope that we will face Porto. If not, then a non-English club.

5 Likes

Ah… that feels good! Finally a convincing and important win against a good team!

I gave my votes to Fabinho, for totally stabilising that midfield, and to our two young lads at the heart of the defence, who did really well and certainly deserve Klopp’s faith going forward. Allisson deserves a mention too. All these four lads deserve the clean sheet tonight!

We are in the last eight, lads and ladesses! :+1:t2:

12 Likes

Fuck off Ferdinand.

9 Likes

Number 7 is still a possibility. Looked much more stable with two proper CB’s and Fabinho in front of them

4 Likes

MotM Fabinho. Only relevant person to vote for although I can understand the votes for Phillips in a way (he is very young and new). Fabinho much better though.

And that’s all I am going to say, @cynicaloldgit said the rest, he just got MotM wrong (although I might try his wine) :wink:

Have a wonderful, and for once hopefully, blissful night guys !

Take care ! Magnus out …

5 Likes

What a big difference with Fab back at No.6. I don’t care what happens with the CB situation Fab needs to stay in midfield. The team is more balance with Fab in mid, and the defence is more protected from counter attacks. We can still play a higher line with slow CB as long as Fab is in dmid. Thiago also looks more productive being the free role midfield and Gini the utility man can help out at both ends.
The front three looks better with Jota in for for Bobby. Klopp needs to stick with this forward group from now on. The team as a whole is a lot more balance, a lot more assure with the today’s line up. If we can keep this line up together, I think we can build up a good enough win streak to storm back up the table and maybe progress further in the champions league.

Very solid win today on to wolves on the weekend and then the boys get some quality time off and training time.

YNWA

5 Likes

play same eleven until season end. nothing to lose at this point

3 Likes

A nice change of mood tonight. I wonder if know , after the league is pretty much written off , they can find some mental form that has been missing in the last few weeks…

Motm: Fabs , Gini and Phillips

6 Likes

The smiles are back :grin:

3 Likes

A decent performance all round. Made up for a wasteful first half and having Fab back in midfield made a huge difference. Gave Nat my MOM didn’t put a foot wrong all night. Well done boys.

2 Likes

Nice win. RB were the ones who had to force the play, but they were too conservative - probably hoping our own nerves with our dreadful form form get them a way into the match.

Glad we went with N Phillips again, thus releasing Fab to screen the defence. Take this approach back to the Prem.

3 Likes

Only if we are able to avoid Bayern, PSG, Man City and Chelsea in QF. In SF, we may be ready to face them, but not QF.

3 Likes

In order of preference my order would be:

Porto
Dortmund
Baryern Munich*
Chelsea or Athletico Madrid
PSG
Real Madrid*
Manchester City*

2 Likes

Chelsea :joy:

2 Likes