Post match: Liverpool v Notts Forest (EPL 29/10/23 2pm)

Turns out the midfield surgery done in the summer was a highly successful one.

After seeing Hendo doing just two assists and zero goals for 35 PL matches last season, Mr Szoboszlai has already two assists and 1 goal in the 10 PL matches so far.

After seeing Fabinho being a mile away from tackles and interception last season, Mr Macallister has already more tackles and interceptions per game already.

It’s no surprise that VVD is looking to coming back to his best when the people in front of him are recovering the ball better, passing the ball more effectively and offensively and when needed, snapping into tackles and intercepting the ball quickly.

I am now excited to see if Jones and Gravenburch can learn as much as they can from Thiago Alcantara who is better served as an off the field mentor now before his contract expires.

Nunez is exciting as he is big, strong and deceptively pacey. His presence also draws away markers from his fellow forwards. It is no surprise that Salah is enjoying his football more this season.

8 Likes

MOM Dom,Nuez and VVD
Dom bossed the midfield played an 8 in attack and 6 in defence and 2 assists, a complete midfielder. Nunez created one goal and scored 1. VVD didnt let them have a sniff and covered the channels brilliantly. the 2nd half we were wasteful and could and should have scored more but we didnt pick the right space nor the right pass and with all honesty playing Harvey is like playing with 10.5 players, KLopp has a very soft heart and no other team in the top ten would play him in a premier league game.
the good part we are winning but on the other hand its not us and city now and at least there are 7 teams which are capable of getting in the top 4 and there is no margin for error .

That’s a really harsh assessment on Elliott. The kids has looked great off the bench this season. He doesn’t get in the starting line up, but he has been really useful against tiring players.

9 Likes

That poster only knows how to be negative, even after a 3-0 win at home where the opposition barely touched the ball there has to be a dig at one of our players.

4 Likes

Does anything surprise you then?? :wink:

Don’t agree at all. Harvey has come one and helped change games against Wolves and Everton and generally made us play better when he’s come on.

8 Likes

Dom is sublime…makes a hell of a lot of things look easy and makes the whole team tick, another motm game.

Didn’t think anyone had a bad game today.

VVD also looking close to back being his commanding smooth self which is fantastic news for us.

Early kick off, 3 points, clean sheet…we are definitely back

2 Likes

Can’t say i agree about Harvey, he’s matured and looked a lot stronger and wiser this season.

It’s hard to come on as a sub in a game thats already over when also the whole team is in cruise mode.

1 Like

Third game in a row where we secured a win without going into second gear. But I’m barely enjoying with thought of Diaz’s father hanging heavy. :pray:

3 Likes
2 Likes

MacAllister did well. Thing is he does the simple things well. Few have been critical but bit like Hendo down the years.He was knocked, but his game was never about being a headliner. Similar story with Mac. When we fully realise his capabilities and what he does well, we’ll know what to expect and not chuck barbs at him when he doesn’t set Anfield alight.

1 Like

Great performance from Szos. Does the man stop running?

4 Likes

Clean sheet!

3 Likes

He’s no Tonali, though, is he?

1 Like

yeah, looks pretty clean!

1 Like

Garth Crooks showing once again that he didn’t actually watch the game

Mohamed Salah (Liverpool): This was another super display by Salah. He seemed to be involved in every phase of play and anything that seemed remotely meaningful against a Nottingham Forest side who actually showed some grit. Liverpool, or should I say Salah, were far too good.

2 Likes

Wish I got paid for writting drivel, I’d have a fortune by now!

3 Likes

Gutted I was only able to catch the highlights. I will watch the full game tomorrow. Based on what I saw it was all one way traffic, apart from a lovely Elanga volley that smashed back out off the bar.

3-0 and it looked like it could have been five or six.

Based on the ten minute highlights I saw (so I’m not really qualified to vote, but I did anyway) I thought Sozobo, Núñez and Salah were the stand out players.

A clean sheet is always nice too. Forest looked like they changed their system and packed in another midfielder to keep it tight. Cowards. How did that work out for you? They shouldn’t be in any relegation trouble, but based on all the business they have done over the past couple of season, they really should be looking to finish comfortably mid table, possibly top half.

The mighty red machine keeps going. Gravenberch looks to be growing in a Liverpool shirt too. It’s a sign of a good player. For some it weighs heavy, but that lad looks like he really wants to make his mark, and after a good display in Europe he got the nod.

Final word goes to Luis Diaz. Gutted to hear about the situation. Glad his mum is home (if I read that right) and I hope his dad follows suit and joins her soon. It is worrying. I don’t know what the situation is and will read up, but at face value he grew up in poverty and now earns a fortune, so scumbags are trying to be opportunistic and have taken his parents. The twats.

I don’t know what the answer is. A bodyguard? It’s horrible, and I hope they are reunited and safe, that the scumbags are caught, and life can return to normal for them. Their lad is doing us proud, but some things go beyond the sport itself, and our thoughts are with you Lucho.

5 Likes

Regulation win against Forest,Dom continues to impress as do a number of others.A clean sheet looks nice too.
We are starting to look the goods, self belief is becoming apparent.
Don’t buy the criticism of Harvey,he has done pretty well when he has come on, he has plenty of room to improve further, and I’m certain he will!
MOTM Dom,but not easy.

3 Likes

Comfortable victory. Joke pundits. 5 mins in Salah wrestled to the ground. Result? Forest throw. Commentator says? He has to be stronger.

Lovely 2nd goal. Great team move.

Harvey good as a sub against tiring legs. Good going forward sellls himself too easily trying to recover the ball.

1 Like