Post Match: Liverpool v Sheffield Utd (EPL 24/10/20 8pm)

:grimacing:

A wizard did it.

2 Likes

Just so glad to see a certain Mr Becker back, he gets my vote. I’ve got a feeling a certain Mr Jota won’t need to wait too long for his next start.

3 Likes

Is VAR in control of the threads or something.

8 Likes

Not a foul.
Not in the area.

VAR and refereeing in general have been highly suspect so far this season.

3 points, joint top on points, we’re in good shape.

Despite the non-penalty, Fabs had another good game at CB, but the real star on defense was Joe Gomez.

Jota looks like he’s played with us for years. Had an excellent game.

My top 3 performers:
(No particular order)
Gomez
Hendo
Jota

Salah and Mane their usual dangerous selves.
And so glad to see Bobby back in the goals.

2 Likes

What a huge difference Alisson Becker makes. Not only in terms of his goalkeeping (he did make a couple of good saves), but he also transformed Joe Gomez entirely. Joe was a completely different player, full of confidence, and I felt both of them were among my 3 MOTM picks for today.

I continue to keep faith in the system, despite being on the wrong end of a preposterous penalty (the Salah goal was indeed offside on replay and I was not surprised that it was chalked off). It almost feels like we need to win games by 1 or 2 more goals than usual because of the system today. However I continue to hope that these things will eventually even out over the course of a full season.

We as good as kept a clean sheet today and Fab + Gomez continues to be a great combo for us, especially with Alisson back. Although it remains to be seen how our defence will hold up against higher-echelon competition, I felt that this was as good as we could have hoped for today.

I also felt that Hendo makes just a huge difference for us when he’s on the pitch. He has such great vision and also pretty much ensures with his presence, that our guys don’t lose sight of the gameplan and keep to our shape. He’s truly our Captain Fantastic, even without always looking spectacular on the pitch.

With any luck, hopefully we got off today without any injuries requiring time off, and getting 3 points is never a bad result. We were always going to need a couple of games to adapt to the reality of being without VVD, and hopefully this ‘transition’ period is done with now. Bobby getting a goal is also an extra plus to his confidence, and Diogo getting his first for us in the league as well.

By and large this was the exact result we needed today. 3 points, YNWA!

4 Likes

Bwahaha… this was funny

26 Likes

fabinho commits something very marginally like a foul on the very edge of the penalty area, that’s VAR, and that’s life. it put us down but we came back and got the 3 points, that’s life for the rest of the league. you’d like it to be more comfortable, watching it, but it’s the kind puts the pretenders in the rear view if you keep churning them out

henderson was excellent, gomez was very solid, both fullbacks were switched on, and it was immense for bob to get a goal, but jota was MOTM for me. superb player

2 Likes

That was horrible. Absolutely fucking horrible from 1st minute to last. Ground out the 3 points though and that’s what matters.
Not going to dwell on the shafting. If you can’t see it now you never will.
Jota MOTM.

9 Likes

Not sure what Hendo is taking but man he had the energy of a 25 year old in that match
VAR is a bunch of crap

4 Likes

Injure us, VAR us, you just can’t deny us.

1 Like

Boys played hard, they should all be proud! Their still the best damm team in the WORLD, in my book! Love them REDS!

1 Like

Not a bad day for us Liverpool supporters victory for the u18’s u23’s and the seniors.

6 Likes

I know this is meant as a joke but I was legitimately sitting there waiting to celebrate the goal and trying to imagine what the goal could be chalked off for…

7 Likes

That clip of the Sheffield United penalty is just odd. I’ll need to see it further.

Anyone got one of the disallowed Salah goal. Was it given for Mane being offside?

1 Like

What a bastard that that Salah goal was wiped,goal of the season that would’ve been.

14 Likes

Despite our early clueless football, the second half was much more like the Liverpool we know.

Need to get on the front foot more, we look a little jaded early in games and not asserting that dominance we know is there.

Work to do as always, but 3 points in the bag, joint top of the league, not really much to moan about.

Made hard work of that, and we really missed Virgil as we were continually bullied in the air and Utd kept winning that second ball.

Very spirited from them and if they can find that form for the season they should be fine.

That said, they shouldn’t have had one goal on the board. It was never, ever a fucking penalty kick. The suggestion that VAR didn’t even look at the foul is another facepalm for the this shit system. The foul on Mane late in the game was more a penalty.

A word for Mo’s ‘goal’. Knew it was off in real time, but should go down, like Suarez against Arsenal, as one of the greatest goals never scored. Absolutely unbelievable skill, and would have been replayed for years. What a shame.

8 Likes

Always nice to get the clean sheet

FUCK VAR, anyone that doesn’t think there is an obvious agenda after watching the Maguire rugby tackle and then reading about that Sheffield United penalty, is an absolute moron.

4 Likes

Yeah that was for Mane offside.

2 Likes
1 Like