Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 30/4/23 4.30pm)

Game narrative - Spurs aggrieved with controversial late Jota winner coming after avoiding red card

3 Likes

Pinocchio raised the Anfield slumber, a crazy game with 20 minutes of brilliant football then we turned into spurs and were terrible, Pinocchio comes on and spurs think they grabbed a point until Jota send Anfield wild with the winner. Phew!!! Top 5 here we are onwards and upwards.

4 Likes

Farcical , and emblematic of the entire season. Roll on September.

1 Like

Perfect 35 minutes. Spurs couldn’t handle it. Then Spurs woke up and for a five minute spell we fell apart. Kane got the goal to give them a sliver of hope at HT.

Second half, Spurs came back into the game. They exploited some of our weaknesses and some mistakes crept in.

Tierney was doing his best as Spurs’ 12th man. Allowed multiple challenges without even giving a foul for the one on Diaz. Mo touching a player would bring Spurs a free kick, whereas breathing on Kane would result in the same.

Richarlison came on and tried to buy a pen (still Konate shouldn’t hold on), but then he got the goal from running on the outside and Darwin putting him onside in trying to cover him. Would’ve been mental to end 3-3 after being so dominating at the start. Plus the diver of all people getting his first Prem goal for them, whipping off his shirt in celebration and doing a peacock dance to boot.

Then Jota wide left, stroking the ball home after looking up to place his shot. Usually he is an instinctive shot taker, but he showed Ian Rush style in taking that shot. Bedlam, and Kopp pulling his hamstring in celebration and getting a yellow card.

2 Likes

Is it the players the system or the attitude. How can they look like world beaters for twenty minutes and like the Dog and Duck for the next seventy. Absolute horror show from Robbo and Konate. The luckiest three points we’ve had all season.

1 Like

This season is just an absolute rollercoaster. With much more lows than highs, but at least today, the highs beat the lows. :+1:

My Mom goes to Jota. To keep his cool in such a situation was just sensational to be honest. All other players: hmmm… the first fifteen minutes might have been good, but otherwise… nah.

7 Likes

Klopps moaned about him already this season and the creep keeps reappearing for our games. Hope Klopp doesnt hold back though…as you say take the fine.

Next time hes at Anfield the refs a wanker chant needs singing for 90

5 Likes

We have to be proud of our finishing today 4 on target and 4 goals. :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

3 Likes

Normal service of heart attack inducing football has returned! My ticker!. I am investing in a defibrillator next season.

I know i shouldn’t laugh Jürgen had me be in stitches of laughter. I hope his leg is alright!

https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/status/1652726069760348160?t=VClRLsmoHDlqhBB5w2QLEQ&s=09

4 Likes

hope Klopp does the post match interview from the physio’s table!

3 Likes

Loved the first two goals. Jones and Diaz couldn’t be more deserving too. Great finishes as well. Hated the cunt in black, our defending and lack of control after taking a 3 goal lead at home.

Delighted with the last minute though.

1 Like

4 on target 4 goals. Just like Leeds, we pretty much scored with every shot on goal.

Spurs 32% of the ball and 7 shots on our goal though is just not on…something(s) need to change back there.

Also where’s the option for Moura as MOTM? Gakpo Trent and Moura are my picks.

2 Likes

To be fair to him, I thought that Richarlison goal was perfectly timed. Very difficult to defend against and I don’t think Nunez has much fault in it.

Did that come from that extremely unnecessary challenge by Milner? He’s supposed to be coming on to be a smart leader and he wasn’t. I don’t care that the spurs player collapsed like a sack of shit. Milner should never be coming in with this kind of challenge at this point of the game.

MotM: The goalpost

4 Likes

Adapting to the system I’d say.

Konate has to sprint to cover right back, so has be good in deciosn making all game. Robbo has to at times act as a central defender in phases, and then his usual bombing down the left.

Of course, it doesn’t excuse his sloppiness today in giving the ball away in bad positions, but shoews that more work in preseason is needed.

A fit and up to scratch Gomez slotting in at right back for the last 10 minutes in these types of games would be ideal.

They only got the goalpost once didn’t they? Or was it twice. There was a few offsides though.

2 Likes

And that sums up why I love this football club

4 Likes

Yikes, that was a defensive disasterclass from us. Absolutely shambolic with Robbo setting the tone for losing his concentration at the worse times. Milner conceding that free-kick that led to the equalizer was just brain-dead. Despite having VVD, Milner, Hendo and Robbo ( all of whom are leaders in either their national team or in the club) all on pitch at the same time, there seems to be no leadership and communication in the defence and midfield. Maybe we need more quality than leadership this time.

Only one of the subs effected the game well. Jota. The rest? They were not helping at all especially the midfield subs. Fuck me, Hendo for Elliott and Milner for Jones are supposed to help calm the game down and protect the lead. One was lost at sea and the other conceding the set-piece for their equaliser.

Missed the first half. Based on what I saw Spurs were on top, clawing their way back. Tierney was helping them too, with his inept refereeing. The foul on Mo was so obvious, but not given. Lots of form for that.

The big nosed platinum blonde comes on, and the script is written for the pantomime villain. He heads it home and danced like a pigeon/twat to celebrate.

But not so fast.

Jota. Exceptional finish. Measured. Weak foot, across the goalie, far corner.

Get in.

Klopp, take the fine. Lay into Tierney.

3 Likes

I hope we do formally and publicly complain about Tierney. Spurs were essentially allowed to kick their way back into the game. Three or four studs up tackles in quick succession that went completely unpunished. That naturally prompted our lads to back off a little bit - it was 3-0 and we were coasting. And it gave Spurs the space to find a goal back, which changes the course of the game.

This is why refereeing is important. Tierney doesn’t punish those tackles, which gives Spurs encouragement to keep doing them.

8 Likes