Post match: Liverpool v Watford (EPL 2/4/22 12.30pm)

Fify

7 Likes

You know who will put you in his memory bank for that comment :laughing: he never forgetsā€¦

He needed the VAR to do his job for him. So not really.

2 Likes

I donā€™t blame him for not having about 15 pairs of eyes considering the foul wasnā€™t near the ball.

6 Likes

What the fuck is Roy on about?

VAR isnā€™t about spotting clear fouls and giving penalties apparently, what the fuck is it then?

3 Likes

Roy had THREE weeks to plan for this game. He went into overdrive to get them defensively organized, while keeping Dennis and King on the bench to come on to steal the game.

So was good game management by us, despite us not being at our best.

2 Likes

Woy said the penalty should not have been given. What a clown :clown_face:

2 Likes

Good to see but how many times is it not punished. You will see similar incidents in every game this afternoon. Maybe not so blatant.

3 Likes

Most times pushing and pulling are ignored in the box, but when a player does a rugby tackle and not once looks for the ball, itā€™s 100% a pen.

6 Likes

Quite, we had about 15 against Burnley a few weeks back.

Rio, Crouch and Zola seem a bit baffled by Roy, the guy needs to retire.

4 Likes

Think that was what made the difference. Shirt pulling and all kinds of tugging takes place all the time but itā€™s usually within a gaggle of players and not that obvious.

2 Likes

Carra had a point a few days ago when he said that our performances slightly dropped lately, but results are obviously going well.

Hopefully with no international breaks anymore and with a practically fully fit squad, we can push, squeeze out a few more % to increase our chances.

2 Likes

He needs to get back into his retirement hole. Should never have crawled out in the first place.

2 Likes

Typical after the international break game that.

Its all about the points now and we got them.
Thought Bobby was MoM.
Salahs knocking Ā£1000s off his new contract demands each week with recent performances. Hes in a real run of poor form but such is the depth is doesnt matter as much as it once did.
Thought Jones was really poor - maybe rusty but was slow in decision making ands shots were poor.

But 3 points and we think about Tuesday now.

Fully expecting City to hit 3 or 4 tonight. Burnley are utter tripe. Plus Ben Mee is out and they playing some rookie. They are playing 4-5-1 at home. Theyll get murdered by City.

4 Likes

All he did was to atone for the one he should have given us in the cup final

3 Likes

Job done, three points.

The performance level was below our best - how could it not be? But we did enough in a professional display as we felt our way back into it.

Well done the crowd too. I thought there was a decent atmosphere given the circumstances.

Mo needs a goal and it will come. At the moment he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Jota was excellent today, apart from what we expect, I though he showed good pace, dribbling and tenacity in the second half in particular when he stretched it out.

Mane got a breather and a run out, Diaz rested. Bigger tests to come, but job done today.

3 Likes

Game over at turf moor

1 Like

You know what, having Joe as backup RB and future starting centre back, Iā€™d definitely keep him on and rebuff any offers we get for him

5 Likes

BT presenter: ā€œyou know, since he started playing for Liverpool nobody else has scored more headed goals, tied with Benteke. It shows that height isnā€™t everything Gianfrancoā€

Zola: ā€œNo itā€™s not, why are you pointing me outā€

:rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

100%. I think we all would, notwithstanding a very large offer, that might be worth considering.

I think the biggest factor will be the wishes of the player. If he insists that he wants to go to play more football elsewhere, and a suitable offer comes in, that could do it.

I hope not.

2 Likes