Post match: Liverpool v Watford (EPL 2/4/22 12.30pm)

Senile old twat.

5 Likes

I thought we looked a bit rusty on this one but still got the job done.

I was very impressed with Gomez at right back and his pass for the goal was inch perfect.

Thiago was the best of our midfield apart from that odd one where he tried to keep the ball in play amd set up Watford on the counter instead.

Iā€™m hoping to see the jet-lag worn off a couple of players before the next game.

I still find Jota perplexing at times. He often seems to drift around aimlessly but can pop up out of nowhere and pick out a goal. I canā€™t decide whether he is a net benefit compared to, say Firmino. I suppose they are completely different sorts of players and we really need both.

3 Likes

MotM was easy. I only gave 1 vote. Thiago was the best.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just getting in from the game. What was the penalty given for? The chat in the ground was that it was for handball, but from what Iā€™m reading here it sounds like it was given for a foul? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Jota wrestled to the ground.

6 Likes

Cheers, I donā€™t recall a big shout from the crowd at the time? Good to see a penalty finally being given for this. :+1::nerd_face:

6 Likes

It was basically a rugby tackle.

He put his arms round Jota to try and stop him running in to jump for a header.

Jota tried to run. Defender held on for a bit then pulled him down with his arms round his waist.

3 Likes

It was so obvious, that even a Prem VAR team had to do something. A full on rugby tackle and not looking at the ball at all. Donā€™t know what the owl is moaning about really.

5 Likes

Klopp has previously said if you like these tackles watch wrestling :women_wrestling:

9 Likes

Man City looks to take back the 3 points at Burnley. And this means a blockbuster effort needed from our boys next Sunday. What a nail biting season. When we beat Man City next Sunday, this would signal to the rest in other competitions that nothing else is gonna stand in our way.

6 Likes

Job done on a team fighting for survival and we hardly broke sweat with no injuries and a clean sheet. Bring on benfica.

3 Likes

A slow drab game but another good three points. Thought Thiago and Bobby were our stand out performers. Chelski have dropped out of the running today so itā€™s a huge game next weekend with City.

5 Likes

Didnā€™t see the game but is Fabinho now the third designated penalty taker for liverpool ?

2 Likes

And have to say didnā€™t think Gomez has that quality of a pass in him , the cross was exquisiteā€¦going by the gifs uploaded by @SixpenceNun ofcourse

1 Like

Assume so he took one in another game, frankly I think he is better than Salah from what Iā€™ve seen.

Still Milner is the very best.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t expect Burnley to get anything against City. I think the title will be won and lost at the Etihad next week just like it ultimately was in 18/19.

Todayā€™s game was much as I expected it to be. We werenā€™t fluent at all and they did well defensively. Well organised and worked hard but they never really threatened. Their two ā€˜chancesā€™ both looked offside to me. Maybe we could have put it to bed earlier but this is the unspectacular, drama-free football that has got us back in the title race. Much better than the you score/we score stuff from earlier in the season. Weā€™re defending well, have control of games and rely on moments of quality to win. Itā€™s not always pretty but it is effective. Weā€™ll probably need more than that if weā€™re going to beat City. Our top players really have to turn up for that one.

4 Likes

It almost looked like like Kuco was about to give Jota a passionate blow job. His face was firstly planted in the nether regions :rofl:

A bit flat and rusty after the break, as usual, but we still ground it out and weā€™ll be as sharp as a tack by next weekend :smiley::+1:
Cheaty will be a lot more nervous than us, and they lose a lot more games than we do (I think in the period that covers their last 12 losses we have lost two).
SMASH THEM!!

4 Likes

Only thing that mattered today was the 3 points.

We were shocking thou.

How are Watford where they are. Thought they were decent

1 Like

If you remember the other fixture, thatā€™s why.

To be honest I donā€™t think we were poor or anything just rather gear 3, subs did improve us, Fabinho settled that CM and Mane was more active than Salah.